Considering ITX Portability & Reselling Old PC to Friend - Thoughts / Suggestions?

Budget (including currency): $1000 USD, flexibility is $100.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, potentially low level modeling in CAD.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I'm using a 1920x1080 144hz monitor, I have the EVGA GTX980 already from an old build and don't plan on upgrading it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 chromax.black 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($54.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Elite 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($140.00 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4 GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case  ($87.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master V SFX Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($135.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1062.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-07 15:29 EDT-0400

This is the build I've put together to fit in an ITX format. My primary concern is graphics card clearance and build temperatures. I bought and assembled a new build inside an M-ATX case (a day ago) and I'm extremely happy with the performance and size.. However I think I can get equal performance, if not better, for the same price in a smaller form factor. I bought all the parts in person at my local B&H, however they've got a fantastic 30 day return policy for all products. I'm thinking of returning it all to put together this build above. I think I'd be extremely happy with it.

I'm also selling my old i7 4790k build to a friend for $375, it includes everything but a GPU and storage. I looked up all the parts and prices on ebay, went with lowest or close to it, then took off 20%, if you think this is a fair price let me know.

i7 4790k - $75 -> $90
Corsair H100i- $35
MSI Z97 SLI Krait - $150
Hyper X 8Gb Dual Channel - $30 x 2 = $60
Seasonic 750w PSU - $75
CDROM Drive - $5
Fractal Design Define R4 - $75

$465 - 20% = $375

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 minutes ago, JLCitadel said:

I'm extremely happy with the performance and size.. However I think I can get equal performance, if not better, for the same price in a smaller form factor.

is there a reason you wanted the smaller form factor that you'd like to disclose?

Just now, emosun said:

is there a reason you wanted the smaller form factor that you'd like to disclose?

Well I've been living in NYC for over 8 years now, and I've had to move every year. I'd like something easier to bring around when that time comes, I'd also like to (more importantly) be able to bring my gaming pc with me to a friends, my s/o's, or my familys place, and plug it in and set it up while plugging in two controllers for steam big picture mode. I've always been a competitive gamer, but I'm starting to really enjoy just casual gaming with friends / family. Life is a lot less stressful and more fun this way.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, JLCitadel said:

Well I've been living in NYC for over 8 years now, and I've had to move every year. I'd like something easier to bring around when that time comes, I'd also like to (more importantly) be able to bring my gaming pc with me to a friends, my s/o's, or my familys place, and plug it in and set it up while plugging in two controllers for steam big picture mode. I've always been a competitive gamer, but I'm starting to really enjoy just casual gaming with friends / family. Life is a lot less stressful and more fun this way.

Look into the Nr200(p). People are having great luck with it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kd2bt6/cooler-master-masterbox-nr200-mini-itx-desktop-case-mcb-nr200-knnn-s00

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/29drxr/cooler-master-masterbox-nr200p-mini-itx-desktop-case-mcb-nr200p-kgnn-s00

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?