First build, budget of under 500usd (ik its low)

Coconut

Budget (including currency): under 500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, Resolve 17 (Video editor), Minecraft (Shaders)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  im going to buy it sometime in November 2021 (Can be pushed back), i want 144hz refresh rate at 1080p, if im playing a AAA game then 30 fps will do.

First of all, i alr have a monitor, a keyboard and mouse and a lan cable

My parts list so far is:

Case: NZXT 510 (Case fans included?)

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g

GPU: Onboard graphics for 3200g, might upgrade to GTX 1660 ti/SUPER

PSU: Evga 500 Bronze 80+

Motherboard: Msi B450M pro max

Cpu cooler: included stock fan?

Thermal paste: included thermal paste ?

SSD:  Samsung 970

This is my first build and i dont know if these parts are suitable, i will try to overclock the cpu and might upgrade gpu to 1660 ti. Right now im running a dell laptop with 8565U and onboard graphics, so i kinda need a upgrade. My monitor is 60 fps but im will be buying a new one, im looking at the acer nitro rn. Im looking to run minecraft (no shaders) at 144hz and AAA games at 20hz+. If you would like any extrss info just ask me, ill get back in a few hours, thanks for the help snd i hope you have a nice day!

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Budget (including currency): under 500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, Resolve 17 (Video editor), Minecraft (Shaders)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  im going to buy it sometime in November 2021 (Can be pushed back), i want 144hz refresh rate at 1080p, if im playing a AAA game then 30 fps will do.

First of all, i alr have a monitor, a keyboard and mouse and a lan cable

My parts list so far is:

Case: NZXT 510 (Case fans included?)

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g

GPU: Onboard graphics for 3200g, might upgrade to GTX 1660 ti/SUPER

PSU: Evga 500 Bronze 80+

Motherboard: Msi B450M pro max

Cpu cooler: included stock fan?

Thermal paste: included thermal paste ?

SSD:  Samsung 970

This is my first build and i dont know if these parts are suitable, i will try to overclock the cpu and might upgrade gpu to 1660 ti. Right now im running a dell laptop with 8565U and onboard graphics, so i kinda need a upgrade. My monitor is 60 fps but im will be buying a new one, im looking at the acer nitro rn. Im looking to run minecraft (no shaders) at 144hz and AAA games at 20hz+. If you would like any extrss info just ask me, ill get back in a few hours, thanks for the help snd i hope you have a nice day!

Ssd is too expensive, sn550 to crucial p1, maybe even samsung 980 (non pro)

Garbage case cause it has garbage airflow, go for a p300a or go caseless wnd shove the pc on top of the motherboard box cause you need to get rid of all the uneccesary stuff

Otherwise seems like a decent part list

Your parts list is good but if you wanna get the most value out of it, i reckon you should spend less on the case probably the ssd. You could save a bit if you find stuff on sale or better value options. Seeing as you're going to be using the iGPU for some games, maybe go up a little bit and look for Ryzen 3400G's or 2400G's with the Vega 11 graphics. As for GPUs, even once the prices go down (hopefully by the end of the year), I recommend looking for second-hand deals as even mining cards can deliver decent enough performance compared to brand new models. 

Like Somerandomtechyboi says in their reply, you could outright not buy a case and either use the motherboard box as an open-air case or find one on the side of the road. With a clean and some 'love' (from a dremel or other power tools), you can get those things looking great, but airflow might be bad on those lenovo, dell or hp towers from the mid 2000's.

PSU should be good, you'd be surprised how little power a entry-mid tier cpu/gpu would use but I wouldn't go below 400/450W. Unless you're future-proofing the pc with a higher wattage PSU it may be a good idea, but in general go cheap but don't cheap out and it just isn't worth getting a used one most of the time.

I've made a parts list which may/may not help, up to you

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HztjF8 

:]

1 hour ago, Mounika said:

Your parts list is good but if you wanna get the most value out of it, i reckon you should spend less on the case probably the ssd. You could save a bit if you find stuff on sale or better value options. Seeing as you're going to be using the iGPU for some games, maybe go up a little bit and look for Ryzen 3400G's or 2400G's with the Vega 11 graphics. As for GPUs, even once the prices go down (hopefully by the end of the year), I recommend looking for second-hand deals as even mining cards can deliver decent enough performance compared to brand new models. 

Like Somerandomtechyboi says in their reply, you could outright not buy a case and either use the motherboard box as an open-air case or find one on the side of the road. With a clean and some 'love' (from a dremel or other power tools), you can get those things looking great, but airflow might be bad on those lenovo, dell or hp towers from the mid 2000's.

PSU should be good, you'd be surprised how little power a entry-mid tier cpu/gpu would use but I wouldn't go below 400/450W. Unless you're future-proofing the pc with a higher wattage PSU it may be a good idea, but in general go cheap but don't cheap out and it just isn't worth getting a used one most of the time.

Ill definitely look into the better ryzens with better apus, but for the case, i live in thailand, which is kind of a 3rd/2nd world country, so everyone uses pc from the early 2000s, so i dont think i could find a case on the side of the road, especially since i live in bangkok, and for the open air i cant really put it out in the open since im scared that a. the motherboard will slip (Off the table) , and b. it wont have good cooling, normally from the case fans, because aforementioned i live in thailand snd its verry humid/hot, and we also have a animal problem, i looked in to cases with better airflow, and i found the fara r1 pro. Im open to more case ideas but thats the one thats on my list rn, thanks for the list tho! ill definitely be using it! sorry about my grammar autocorrect is kinda freaking out.

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ssd is too expensive, sn550 to crucial p1, maybe even samsung 980 (non pro)

Garbage case cause it has garbage airflow, go for a p300a or go caseless wnd shove the pc on top of the motherboard box cause you need to get rid of all the uneccesary stuff

Otherwise seems like a decent part list

Thanks for the suggestions! zbut i was wondering, im getting my hardware from this computer store called JIB, in thailand, and samsung 970 evo is only around 50 USD, so should i stick with it or go for something else?

1 hour ago, Mounika said:

Also, for the cpu i found a ryzen 5 3400@ 3.6GHZ, should i go with that? (It is for 200 USD)

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Thanks for the suggestions! zbut i was wondering, im getting my hardware from this computer store called JIB, in thailand, and samsung 970 evo is only around 50 USD, so should i stick with it or go for something else?

Oh yeah, definitely.
The parts list I made was following parts not on sale so if you can find a great deal on some hardware, go for it! Just make sure to do some research on current pricing

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Ill definitely look into the better ryzens with better apus, but for the case, i live in thailand, which is kind of a 3rd/2nd world country, so everyone uses pc from the early 2000s, so i dont think i could find a case on the side of the road, especially since i live in bangkok, and for the open air i cant really put it out in the open since im scared that a. the motherboard will slip (Off the table) , and b. it wont have good cooling, normally from the case fans, because aforementioned i live in thailand snd its verry humid/hot, and we also have a animal problem, i looked in to cases with better airflow, and i found the fara r1 pro. Im open to more case ideas but thats the one thats on my list rn, thanks for the list tho! ill definitely be using it! sorry about my grammar autocorrect is kinda freaking out.

I run open air on my motherboard box and theres no mobo slipping and stuff, if you need to attatch gpu you will have to move the board abit closer to the edge of the box

And only reason i get bad temps is cause i use a crappy fan, otherwise i can run 4.2 maybe even 4.3 for short periods on my e5400 and g31 s2c board

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yep, totally get that. 
You can find cases for around $30-$40USD on some sites (Although that can change from country to country, I don't live in the US so I'm not too versed on the current market there) going by pcpartpicker, but just remember to check reviews if you can find them. Some cases don't round off the edges of sharp metal or are a pain to build in so keep that in mind. Or, if you find a case on sale, go for it. Second-hand cases are generally good too if you can find them.
Your grammar is great, by the way 🙂

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I run open air on my motherboard box and theres no mobo slipping and stuff, if you need to attatch gpu you will have to move the board abit closer to the edge of the box

And only reason i get bad temps is cause i use a crappy fan, otherwise i can run 4.2 maybe even 4.3 for short periods on my e5400 and g31 s2c board

If i do go open air, should s invest in a cooler? because i think i might go with the stock cooler. Ive been thinking noctua but the case with the included fans is 2x more cheap. The only reason im worried about running open air is the humidity, its around 60% here but will it damage hardware?

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Also, for the cpu i found a ryzen 5 3400@ 3.6GHZ, should i go with that?

yep, if its within your budget then go for it. 3200G should still be good for most games but the Vega 11 (in comparison to the Vega 8 in the 3200G) should be a step up from that.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

If i do go open air, should s invest in a cooler? because i think i might go with the stock cooler. Ive been thinking noctua but the case with the included fans is 2x more cheap. The only reason im worried about running open air is the humidity, its around 60% here but will it damage hardware?

you should stick with the stock cooler, even on open air. The ones included with Ryzen CPUs are decent enough and the CPUs don't kick off a lot of heat. 

As for humidity, 60% should be ok. If its consistently above 80% then there may be a problem

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

also, although Noctua's a great brand for cpu coolers, they're possibly a little overkill for a 3400G / 3200G if you aren't intending to overclock. If you want aftermarket cooling, there are heaps of cheaper options that would be better than the stock cooler. You shouldn't really be spending over $50 if you aren't intending to overclock.

4 minutes ago, Mounika said:

also, although Noctua's a great brand for cpu coolers, they're possibly a little overkill for a 3400G / 3200G if you aren't intending to overclock. If you want aftermarket cooling, there are heaps of cheaper options that would be better than the stock cooler. You shouldn't really be spending over $50 if you aren't intending to overclock.

Btw seems like here in south east asia we get alot of cheap chinese stuff accessible

If you can find chinese coolers in your country some are really good for the money, here in indo i can find freaking 6 heatpipe coolers going for 20$ which is cheaper than the 30$ se 224, though id choose se 224 xt cause it prob has better construction and performance then the 20$ 6 heatpipe cooler but i guess if i have a cpu with a large ihs its a good cooler

Personally i have an alseye 90b 92mm 4 heatpipe cooler, it can keep my cpu decently cool and handle oc up to 4.5 or even 4.6ghz albeit at 80-90c which im fine with, ive even used it in combination with a 3000 rpm server fan for overclocking a p4 631 to 5.656ghz but too bad it degraded cause high pll voltage , i was shoving 2.4v pll into the poor thing and even though i set 1.8875v in the bios it was prob running at 2.1 or 2.2v cause i had to disable the 1.9v shutdown, stupid thing although degraded still lives xD

Search for alseye 90b, am-90, snowman 4 or 6 heatpipe coolers, even se 224 xt if its available for cheap

23 minutes ago, Coconut said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PpB8NP

This is the list i ended up going with, does it seem ok? im prob getting a gtx 1660 ti/super instead of a rtx 2060, but at least its upgradable, it fits in my budget.

24D50F0B-7115-4EF5-BECD-DA55CCFD3194.jpeg

yeah that should be alright, if it fit into your budget then buy it. Otherwise look for 3200G's
As for GPUs, if you don't care about new features like Turing Cores or RTX (maybe do some research if you need them or not), go for older, used cards. A 980ti, 1070 (ti) or even a 1080 would do great.

19 hours ago, Mounika said:

yeah that should be alright, if it fit into your budget then buy it. Otherwise look for 3200G's
As for GPUs, if you don't care about new features like Turing Cores or RTX (maybe do some research if you need them or not), go for older, used cards. A 980ti, 1070 (ti) or even a 1080 would do great.

I found a 2060 going for msrp, and my budget increased to around 700usd, should i get it? (Its hella rare to find a 2060 for msrp) Its brand new snd its zotac. I also upgraded the cpu to ryzen 5 3600

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I found a 2060 going for msrp, and my budget increased to around 700usd, should i get it? (Its hella rare to find a 2060 for msrp) Its brand new snd its zotac. I also upgraded the cpu to ryzen 5 3600

Yeah, I think thats a pretty good idea.
You don't have to upgrade the cpu, a ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x will do just as well as a 3600 for gaming. If you're rendering or doing some CAD then the 3600 is recommended.

20 hours ago, Mounika said:

just realised; if you need more money for different parts, i recommend getting cheaper RAM and a cheaper case. Even though looks and taste are subjective, sometimes prices are a bit more attractive.
For the best experience, go for 3600mhz RAM, 3200mhz would do great too. That being said, you can still definitely use ryzen cpus with lower frequency RAM, but there may be a performance dip in some applications (please do your research on this though, I'm not too well-versed in Ryzen and RAM)

4 hours ago, Mounika said:

just realised; if you need more money for different parts, i recommend getting cheaper RAM and a cheaper case. Even though looks and taste are subjective, sometimes prices are a bit more attractive.
For the best experience, go for 3600mhz RAM, 3200mhz would do great too. That being said, you can still definitely use ryzen cpus with lower frequency RAM, but there may be a performance dip in some applications (please do your research on this though, I'm not too well-versed in Ryzen and RAM)

So, i decided to go without the case, a ryzen 5 3600 and a rtx 2080ti i found brand new for 300USD. But do you have any tips on preventing my motherboard sliding on the box? and does it matter if i go with a non modular psu

On 7/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, Coconut said:

So, i decided to go without the case, a ryzen 5 3600 and a rtx 2080ti i found brand new for 300USD. But do you have any tips on preventing my motherboard sliding on the box? and does it matter if i go with a non modular psu

Sorry for late reply

A 2080ti for 300usd thats freakin awesome!!! A 3600 would be great with it if its within budget but a 3300x should be good too.

As for PSUs: non modular is fine, just make sure it comes with the right cables.

And be sure to get a decent PSU, too. 650W should be good but it doesn't hurt to go higher. 

Also make sure you have enough cooling for the card, even though it's on open air for now a fan could help and if you intend to get a case, get one that's optimised for good airflow

On 7/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, Coconut said:

As for the motherboard sliding on the box, you can get neoprene or just a rubber mat to put it on. It should stick well enough to the motherboard and box to not let anything slip