Cha Fans running at full speed

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
Just now, TiFicate said:

Are you saying, that Aisuite somehow overrides BIOS settings and makes the fans go max speed?

Yes, AIsuite will override BIOS settings

Hello, Im having issues with my Cha Fans,

so im currently running 3 Wind Blade 120RD (3pin) fans in my case (1 in the back, 2 upfront)

The one in the back works fine as it's 3pin cable connected to a 4 pin mobo connector directly.

However, regarding the fans upfront, their cable is too short to connect to the corresponding cha fan connectors on the mobo, therefore  I bougth the pin splitter as a work around (since connecting the fans to PSU molex made them run at 100%)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000639953069.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.cd934c4dTHxqcr to be able to control the fan speed by connected them to the Cha_fan 2 or 3 connecter.

But once I connected all the cables im unable to control the RPM of front fans.

Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B550-PLUS

My Bios recognizes the fans connected to the Cha_fan 3 port and somewhat allows me to select the available modes.

However once I reboot into desktop my frontal fans start running at full speed ( side note: they work silently while booting windows/in bios and kicks in at full speed when im in desktop)

I have downloaded the sofware that came with my MOBO (AI suite 3) and it did allow me to set up (back end and CPU fans) and it does show the RPM of the frontal fans connected to Cha_fan3, but does not allow me to make any changes.

image.thumb.png.2f27c284223109e13e3b76857b40f879.png

Currently via BIOS all fans (except CPU fan) are set in DC mode.

It feels like for somewhat reason my front fans switch to PWM once in desktop and makes loud noise ( I have noticed, that when in BIOS Cha_fan 3 in mode DC runs silently and once I switch to PWM it gets much louder, basically the same as while in desktop)

HELP would be very much appreciated.

P.S. I've tried installing "SpeedFan" but for some reason it did not find any of the fans in my PC 😕

8 minutes ago, TiFicate said:

Hello, Im having issues with my Cha Fans,

so im currently running 3 Wind Blade 120RD (3pin) fans in my case (1 in the back, 2 upfront)

The one in the back works fine as it's 3pin cable connected to a 4 pin mobo connector directly.

However, regarding the fans upfront, their cable is too short to connect to the corresponding cha fan connectors on the mobo, therefore  I bougth the pin splitter as a work around (since connecting the fans to PSU molex made them run at 100%)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000639953069.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.cd934c4dTHxqcr to be able to control the fan speed by connected them to the Cha_fan 2 or 3 connecter.

But once I connected all the cables im unable to control the RPM of front fans.

Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B550-PLUS

My Bios recognizes the fans connected to the Cha_fan 3 port and somewhat allows me to select the available modes.

However once I reboot into desktop my frontal fans start running at full speed ( side note: they work silently while booting windows/in bios and kicks in at full speed when im in desktop)

I have downloaded the sofware that came with my MOBO (AI suite 3) and it did allow me to set up (back end and CPU fans) and it does show the RPM of the frontal fans connected to Cha_fan3, but does not allow me to make any changes.

Currently via BIOS all fans (except CPU fan) are set in DC mode.

It feels like for somewhat reason my front fans switch to PWM once in desktop and makes loud noise ( I have noticed, that when in BIOS Cha_fan 3 in mode DC runs silently and once I switch to PWM it gets much louder, basically the same as while in desktop)

HELP would be very much appreciated.

P.S. I've tried installing "SpeedFan" but for some reason it did not find any of the fans in my PC 😕

Just leave fan control to the BIOS, I would uninstall all the other fan control software like speedfan and Aisuite.

14 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Just leave fan control to the BIOS, I would uninstall all the other fan control software like speedfan and Aisuite.

Are you saying, that Aisuite somehow overrides BIOS settings and makes the fans go max speed?

Just now, TiFicate said:

43 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Thank you so much!, never thought that preinstalled software (came in CD of MOBO) would conflict with BIOS and etc. as it was quite handy.

Uninstalled it, changed all Cha fans to DC mode via BIOS and now while in desktop, frontal cha fans no longer run at max speed (1400RPM)