Sound Card or Amp/Dac?

I don't know what to get. I'll probably get the HD650s or HD800s to go with it.

What are these going to be used on? computer?

Diamond 5 in League :)

The HD 800s aren't as awesome as you think. Pretty much anyone I've talked to thinks they're overrated and overhyped. The HD 650s will do everything you need pretty much as well as it can without wasting money. I doubt you're the kind of audiophile who cares about Stax headphones, so don't bother. There's a lot of great open headphones that are far cheaper than the overpriced HD 800s. If you're willing to spend fat cheddar on headphones, try the Audeze LCD-2s. At a store. Before buying them. Then honest-to-god ask yourself if they are worth the money.

HD 650s won't need a dedicated amp. They're sensitive headphones despite their high impedance.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

FYI a soundcard is a dac and amp, it's just that it runs in your PC ;).

Anyways I'd get an external amp & dac solution because they cut the crap and cost a lot less for the most part (if you know what to purchase)

BTW look into HE-500's also since they are actually decent, @Dragonzeanse mentioned the LCD-2's which are better, but the HE-500's sound similar and cost a lot less. Both are planar are which are supposed to be better than a dynamic driver that both the HD 650's and HD 800's use.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEYS ON HD800S

^^ Agreed go with the HD650's 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

But the hd800s look pretty

just reminding you that those can's cost nearly 2K and for half if not a quarter of the price you can most likely get better sounding headphones. It's all up to you whether it be looks or price-to-performance.

You will need to spend like 200$ more just to push the head phones to there true potential 

Would you buy Beats headphones because they look pretty? I would hope not, if your goal is sound quality. You're paying an absurd premium for the HD 800s. They look nice, but so does a Ferrari. Would you buy a Ferrari over an equally-reliable vehicle? If you answered "yes" and money is hardly an object to you, then maybe you ought to buy the HD 800s.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

The goal is sound quality and looks, beats are ugly...

I edited my post to make a more cogent argument. It's hard to argue with beauty considering it's subjective, but if you're prepared to spend that kind of money on headphones, then I should honestly hope you really enjoy them. Your money, I can't tell you what not to do.

Seems like the main question was never answered.

If you took the time to read my posts, you would see that I said that an amp is not necessary for the HD 650s.

Seems like the main question was never answered.

It stopped being about that because it's pretty much unanimous that you should buy a DAC+amp

If you don't like anything from Audeze, then go with the HD650. 

Error: 410

I use a Syba DAC with my HD 650's.

Until the paint flakes off. Having listened to them, I'll highly suggest you don't buy them. Just... don't.