Overclocking safety

DarkLord76865

I have gtx 1050 2gb from msi with 2 fans (desktop pc version). I never overclocked anything so I need advice. I overclocked it in msi afterburner with +1000mhz memory and +130 mhz core. 130 core seems little too much because some games and apps are crashing, but if I lower it to like 125 it works just fine. What concerns me is that I overclocked memory for a full GHz. Is there any danger in it? (temp is OK, 63 C whole time). I am aware that any overclocking may decrease GPu life, but if it is stable and in good temp, will 1000 mhz memory overclock be OK? 

8 minutes ago, DarkLord76865 said:

I have gtx 1050 2gb from msi with 2 fans (desktop pc version). I never overclocked anything so I need advice. I overclocked it in msi afterburner with +1000mhz memory and +130 mhz core. 130 core seems little too much because some games and apps are crashing, but if I lower it to like 125 it works just fine. What concerns me is that I overclocked memory for a full GHz. Is there any danger in it? (temp is OK, 63 C whole time). I am aware that any overclocking may decrease GPu life, but if it is stable and in good temp, will 1000 mhz memory overclock be OK? 

Simply increasing the clock speed won't really do much harm, although if you're having to run significantly more voltage through it to achieve that clock speed stably then that could damage your card a lot quickly.

Monitor your GPU temperatures using Open Hardware Monitor and then post a screenshot to this thread. -->     https://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

If u are not playing with voltage, shut mod. Its OK. High clocks don't damage gpu or cpu, it will only cause crashes. But try to run benchmarks and play with that memory, because it may be loosing performance. Try to run +500MHz and go in 10MHz increases. Because high clocks may corrupt data and that decreases performance. But I don't have to worry about damaging your gpu, because u can't even set voltage and if u could it would be in the safe zone (no OEM would you allow set dangerous voltage for your low end gpu)