Pump Keeps Failing?!?

I have two of the following pumps in my loop.

image.thumb.png.627160488ea19e1b203c8acdf41ee34b.png

bought one on July 6, 2020

and a second one on November 16, 2020

The first one, I started hearing a winding noise that slowly got louder and louder. The pump still moved water, it was just really loud, so I bought another one on June 19, 2021.

Now I'm hearing a slight winding noise coming from the older one. I'm worried that it's going to happen again and it's just going to get too loud and I'm going to have to get another one again.

Are these things under any type of warranty? I bought them off Amazon.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong? Is the winding noise mean it's broken, or I can just simply take it apart and put it back together to see if it fixes it. I've NEVER EVER ran any of these pumps dry before, and don't know what I'm doing to cause them to fail.

It's very frustrating, because I just got all of the air out of my loop.

When the first one failed, I figured I could just get the pump part and not have to buy the whole assembly. This is the pump.

image.png.5ce9894a810235004515ce5e5560538f.png

Is it possible to just buy the pump?

it claims its a D5 so yes, you can buy the pump separately, i think there are some other steps you can take to improve longevity but ill leave that to the watercooling experts

No wonder it was really loud if it was cranked up to the maximum speed. You shouldn't need to push it past 3. Much easier to clear air by tilting your radiator as well.

23 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

which D5 pump would work if i kept the resevoir?

Any D5 will work. They're are some minor changes in the PWM models between manufacturers regarding PWM control but they're all more or less the same thing. AFAIK the vario models are mostly the same.

I wouldn't buy Barrow, Thermaltake or Corsair though.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

No wonder it was really loud if it was cranked up to the maximum speed. You shouldn't need to push it past 3. Much easier to clear air by tilting your radiator as well.

Any D5 will work. They're are some minor changes in the PWM models between manufacturers regarding PWM control but they're all more or less the same thing. AFAIK the vario models are mostly the same.

I wouldn't buy Barrow, Thermaltake or Corsair though.

So a winding sound is normal operation?

When I first got the pump and turned on to the 5th setting, I never heard any winding sounds, it's not only until now, after a few months of being on the fifth setting, have I had this winding sound, making it seem to me that it's not normal, even on 5th setting

Same as when doors start creaking after some time. I think you need to add some oil for lubrication.

I only use submersible pump in a pond, and I could care less about noise, cuz can't hear it being so deep under water, so not pro advice by any means.

1 hour ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

So a winding sound is normal operation?

When I first got the pump and turned on to the 5th setting, I never heard any winding sounds, it's not only until now, after a few months of being on the fifth setting, have I had this winding sound, making it seem to me that it's not normal, even on 5th setting

Get a recording of the "winding sound" if you can. As long as your temps are fine then it's generally considered a non-issue.

My "EK" D5 whines when it runs at full speed but I think it's just some weird resonance. Other users of similar pumps report the same sound.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III