Intel Xeon E5430 with HP DC7800 SFF

Manex

Hello there, I am trying to pair this two little for a budget PC, does anyone in this forum have modded BIOS microcodes for this motherboard with that particular CPU?

Agreed. Core 2 Quad CPUs are dirt cheap these days.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

27 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No and just get a core 2 cpu? They are like 5$-10$ for a similar performance one.

Xeons can be cheaper and often times they are better binned, plus the e/l/x54xx series has 12mb l3 cache ccompared to 8mb for q6x00 and 4mb for q8x00

Though i would have just shoved a q6600 in that system and bsel mod it, rather than having to do trial an error with setfsb, and at most youll prob get 2.8 or 2.9ghz with that cpu

though atleast you can just use throttlestop to undervolt the cpu for better efficiency, can also be done via physically voltmodding the cpu via the pads but thats troublesome, though i do have the datasheets for it, my datasheet is celeron 300 series ∆ or something like that, the volt mod tables are at page 16 or was it 18 xD

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Agreed. Core 2 Quad CPUs are dirt cheap these days.

Great for things like Minecraft servers and NAS servers that don't store valuable data.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!