2 monitors one GPU high refresh

Burvick

Can i run 2 monitors on a 1650 super one at 240HZ and one at 60HZ without much performance loss for gaming/and streaming. The 60hz monitor is for the stream (obviously). Thanks in advance!

I would be more worried about the 1650 Super being able to actually drive any game at 240fps than I would be about the secondary display. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I run a center screen which is 165hz Free/GSync while the flanking monitors are TFTs at 60hz, they all play nice, no problem. o.O

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

Well im just running the display at 240 and the game at 165, it definitely doesnt do 240 lol, but im just worried im adding latency or something with two displays on a weaker card, i guess thats more what my questions about

Adding monitors to modern GPU's is basically free at this point in terms of performance losses. I have 3x1440p monitors running and I will get the exact same performance I did with just one.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Crazy, i just thought the cards bandwidth would be exceeded or something along those lines, so if i wanted to run my other display at 120 i shouldnt notice any difference? (One monitor at 240hz in nvidia control panel, Gaming limited to 165hz, and the other monitor at 120hz?)

depends, more screen is more pixels.

but also depends on what load on either, not sure if nivida had its own system that will help dealing with a streaming load?

HZ wouldn't make much of a difference if dont give that much "fps" or like a game wanting all the frames to be updated with the amount of HZ you have.

Reducing the FPS might help or not, or settings in game to be able to run the other monitor if you experience lagg, like how you do normally with more demanding games. Else it shouldn't be much of an issue, except fullscreen management if you are going to alt tab or something?

18 minutes ago, Burvick said:

Crazy, i just thought the cards bandwidth would be exceeded or something along those lines, so if i wanted to run my other display at 120 i shouldnt notice any difference? (One monitor at 240hz in nvidia control panel, Gaming limited to 165hz, and the other monitor at 120hz?)

Not even close to hitting the bandwidth limit.

in the most basic way to explain it, the 1650 can push 7680x4320@120Hz

which is 3,981,312,000 pixels per second.

Assuming you are using 1080p monitors

at 240Hz you're looking at 

497,664,000 pixels per second

and at 120Hz

248,832,000 Pixels per second

both monitors running together is only hitting

746,496,000 Pixels per second which is only 19% of it's maximum theoretical bandwidth.

you would need 16 x 1080p@120Hz monitors to hit the cap.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

🤯 well thanks for the info haha, puts my mind at ease a bit, i am curious tho why would streamers use a second pc at their “stream” pc then if one can support gameplay and streaming off two or three displays? If the displays basically make no difference and streaming is pretty light then wheres the bottleneck. Or is it just because they have to much money? Lol

16 minutes ago, Burvick said:

why would streamers use a second pc at their “stream” pc then if one can support gameplay and streaming off two or three displays?

Less taxing on the system resources on the gaming PC

You can upgrade and format your gaming PC without touching your streaming setup

But yea it's not necessary to have two PC to stream

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Cool, well thanks for all the info everyone! Super helpful 😂 first post i made thought it was going to be like facebook where everyone was ignorant. Anyways pce