HP envy x360

Hi.

I'm in the market for a new thin laptop for my light pdf/word college work.

I looked at the HP envy x360 and seems like a pretty good package , LTT reviewed it pretty well.

I have two options , buy one with a 5500u and 8 GB of single channel ram.  

Or buy one with a 4500u and 16GB of dual channel ram and 50$ cheaper.

Which one should I get ? Or if you got a better recommendation under 1000$ I'd be happy to listen.

Depends, for my daughter i got the x360 envy 8 GB 4500u but thats for high school and her use case is Office, drawing, and some light games (roblox and stuff).

The 5500u has slightly better multicore performance, so what are you going to use it for? Since that and the memory might be a deciding factor.

-= Topic moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, Dujith said:

Depends, for my daughter i got the x360 envy 8 GB 4500u but thats for high school and her use case is Office, drawing, and some light games (roblox and stuff).

The 5500u has slightly better multicore performance, so what are you going to use it for? Since that and the memory might be a deciding factor.

Honestly just browsing the web , pdf files , taking notes in class.

Also I'd like it to run very light games like cs go and dota 2 , I'm not expecting insane frames or high settings , just some super light gaming on the go.

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Get the 4500u, 5500u i think its still zen 2 so no point except for multithreading

Ye seems like the better deal , more ram 50$ less.

2 hours ago, Dujith said:

How is the x360 holding up so far , has it been long since u bought it for ur daughter ? It's kinda of an expensive laptop for my budget I'd like for it to last me 2 or 3 years in college.

1 minute ago, bruh11111 said:

Honestly just browsing the web , pdf files , taking notes in class.

Also I'd like it to run very light games like cs go and dota 2 , I'm not expecting insane frames or high settings , just some super light gaming on the go.

Just now, bruh11111 said:

How is the x360 holding up so far , has it been long since u bought it for ur daughter ? It's kinda of an expensive laptop for my budget I'd like for it to last me 2 or 3 years in college.

Like i said, light games run fine. As far as holding up... been just a few days tho and she isnt going to highschool in a few months 😄 .

Its very nice tho, she has been drawing on it alot since i got the pen for her.

Tho you'll need to clean up a bit, install all the windows updates before you can start.

Like Express VPN, Mcafee and such. And a few other preinstalled programs.