Looking for a new keyboard

RobinHtk

Hi, after a search on the forum, I create this topic to find my answer !

I never jumped on the mechanical frenzy, and always have loved low profile key caps on my keyboards. For years, I've been using an old and fidel logitech keyboard, and recently I've been using a Razer Deathstalker.

This one is very good, but I could only find it in used condition, and the poor boy is starting to age badly.

I would like to know if there is keyboards with a similar key caps "height" than the razer deathstalker, while being a little more "modern". I'm open to mechanical keyboards, but i usually really hate the sound and feeling.

My budget is around 120 $ tops, I've seen that non-mechanical keyboards never cost much ^^
Thanks in advance ! Here's a pic of the type of keyboard i mentionned

razer deathstalker.jpg

logitech k280e.jpg

You're looking for a "Low Profile"  or "Chiclet" keyboard.

If you want a gaming one, you probably want to stick to the razer... Most of the other offerings don't have 1000Hz polling rates or are just bad...

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Thanks for the vocabulary, knowing the terms is gonna help me a lot.

Even tho I don't like the Razer brand much, the Deathstalker was the "best one" in the kind of configuration I like.

I might have to open myself to mechanical keyboards like the Corsair K60... 

If someone has any recommandations for a good mechanical keyboard that doesn't wake up the neighbours i'm interested to test it ^^

39 minutes ago, RobinHtk said:

Thanks for the vocabulary, knowing the terms is gonna help me a lot.

Even tho I don't like the Razer brand much, the Deathstalker was the "best one" in the kind of configuration I like.

I might have to open myself to mechanical keyboards like the Corsair K60... 

If someone has any recommandations for a good mechanical keyboard that doesn't wake up the neighbours i'm interested to test it ^^

If you got for cherry/clone reds, clears or blacks, you shouldn't have too many noise issues.
I personally trust in Corsair's quality for keyboards. Typing this on a K68. 

In any case, if you have a PC Store near you (For example MediaMarkt here in EU), the best thing for you to do is phisically try out the most common switches. 

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I went to the only PC parts store still opened near me, they had an MSI keyboard with cherry, and it was a revelation, no stupidly loud click ! 

This type of keys do not bother me, and I can live throught the transition from chiclet-type key caps to regular ones.

I'm gonna seek a store where I can try some Corsairs keyboards and certainly turn myself towards the K68 or a model similar to this one 🙂

thanks again !