Looking into replacing my iPad 8 with a 2 in 1 Notebook which is Touch and Pen enabled

Go to solution Solved by soldier_ph,

I have purchased this Notebook now there for this Thread is solved: https://store.hp.com/SwitzerlandStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=432M6EA&opt=UUZ&sel=NTB&lang=en-CH

Hey Guys

I'm currently looking into replacing my Apple iPad 8th Gen 2020 128GB Space Grey with a 2 in 1 Notebook. My Budget is max 1200 CHF which is 1308.01 USD. The main use case of this Device will be for school so it has to be Touch and Pen enabled. 

These are my requirements spec wise:

• AMD APU with iGPU since this only has to run Chrome and MS Office it doesn't have to have a dGPU. So at least Ryzen 3000, but I guess a decent Intel CPU could work too. But anything ARM is out of the question, I need it to work and not be a half baked solution.
  • Great IPS at least 1080p Display with Touch and Pen enabled, preferably also come with a decent Pen. Non glossy is preferred.
  • Non soldered RAM and SSD since I would buy the lowest speced RAM and SSD Version and upgrade those myself. I do have a spare Crucial 2x8GB 3200Mhz Kit lying around now because I just upgraded my XMG Gaming Laptop to 32GB of 3200Mhz.
  • Good Keyboard (has to be with the Swiss Keyboard layout available since I need the special characters: ä, ö and ü) with no to very little Deckflex and a Trackpad which you can turn off since I will be using my Logitech MX Master 3 with it anyway so Trackpad could be the most Trash one out there I don't care.
  • Ok port situation with USB A 3.0, USB C preferably with Power Delivery so I could charge it with my amazing Xtorm 65W charging brick which is super small, HDMI and I don't really need anything more than that but a Ethernet port would be greatly appreciated. I do own a dongle with all of the ports so there's that.
  • Good cooling 
  • Size doesn't matter but I would prefer to have a 10 Key Block for easy number inputting
  • Preferably a normal device with Webcam uptop but I do have a Logitech C925e should we have to go back into Lockdown and to remote Learning.
  • OS doesn't matter since I've got a Windows 10 Pro license key handy.
  • Has to have at least WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5

Now for the Companies you won't have to recommend me any Devices from since they are Blacklisted by me so I won't be buying anything from Dell, Lenovo, Microsoft, Razer and MSI.

I'm currently in touch with @genexis_x via Discord and he came to the conclusion that the HP Envy x360 15 Inch would be the one for me but I'm keen on hearing from you guys if you have any other Devices that would fit me !

To give an idea my main Notebook is the: XMG Schenker Core 15 AMD: Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060 Refresh 6GB GDDR6, 32GB of HyperX Impact made 3200Mhz RAM, 2TB Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD, 15.6" Full HD IPS 144Hz Display, 62Wh Battery (46Wh in storage Battery), Intel WiFi 6 AX200 Module with Bluetooth 5.0, Swiss Keyboard layout with RGB and 10-key Block, Windows 10 Pro.

But using that with a stupid Wacom tablet is out of the question. I want a standalone device.

My Swiss Online Shop of choice: https://www.digitec.ch/en

Cheers

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

3 hours ago, soldier_ph said:

But using that with a stupid Wacom tablet is out of the question. I want a standalone device.

Ok, please don't call Wacom tablts stupid cause they work for drawing.

But a 2in1 hmmm with ram select.

Lenovo Thinkpad 2in1 I bet they have decent stuff plus alot has changed to amd

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

20 hours ago, sub68 said:

Ok, please don't call Wacom tablts stupid cause they work for drawing.

But a 2in1 hmmm with ram select.

Lenovo Thinkpad 2in1 I bet they have decent stuff plus alot has changed to amd

Oh yeah don't get me wrong Wacom Tablets are great for what they are it's just that I would never use one for note taking. 

Yeah I'm gonna look into Thinkpads again after not having dealt with them in years.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased this Notebook now there for this Thread is solved: https://store.hp.com/SwitzerlandStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=432M6EA&opt=UUZ&sel=NTB&lang=en-CH