Hello!

I have taken some time to plan out my gaming build. My current PC is only for office and home use. I do intend to use this (to be) build for Video editing as i am involved in content creation and my current just isn't enough.

Some games I intend to play (in priority order) :

Minecraft (Im aware this game is more CPU intensive, but some graphics power is required), Microsoft Simulator Series, Wargame, Dirt 3, FPS games aren't so high up on my list.

For my setup, I plan on setting up two monitors (Asus VS239h-p - Due to my budget) ,

Also For peripherals: Keyboard- Logitech g510s , Mouse- Logitech g602 , Headphones - Plantronics Rig , Speakers- Logitech Z506

Please have a look at my list of parts, and tell me whether that extra $$$ contributes to performance, where i can cut down.

Most (ALL) of my parts will be purchased from Amazon.com , I have heard about Amazon not handling hard-drives properly.

I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Please do help me in making my decision for these parts.

PC Part List: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BlazeMike/saved/3YFc

Thank You,

Blaze

May I ask you why you don't want to overclock?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($101.39 @ Mwave) 

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($229.99 @ NCIX US) 

Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($23.10 @ Amazon) 

Other: OCZ ZT Series 550W Fully-Modular PSU ($80.00)

Other: Windows 7 Home Premium ($99.28)

Total: $1041.69

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 08:32 EDT-0400)

Made some personal preference choices, otherwise a good build at this budget.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

better well worth going amd in this case

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($151.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.00 @ Newegg)
Memory:  Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
Case:  Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($23.10 @ Amazon)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
Total: $1097.29
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 08:33 EDT-0400)

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

your getting a Ocing cpu and non Ocing motherboard...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

your getting a Ocing cpu and non Ocing motherboard...

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1055.29
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 08:36 EDT-0400)

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I am NOT going to overclock this machine, As it is my first one and maybe in the future when i am more comfortable with OCing, thnx for the suggestions, I am more of an advocate for Intel than AMD, as I've been running it for a loong time, and i want to bemore familiar with what I work with, For intel i'm quite "ok" on hardware info.

So I'd for an an Intel geared build. My original case choice was the HAF X but i realized that was overkill for what i was doing, So i Opted for the CM storm Enforcer as that was my next choice, thnx for the NZXT choice, but most probably I'll go for the CM Storm Case.

Is the PSU choice  alright, didnt want to cheap out on that.

I am NOT going to overclock this machine, As it is my first one and maybe in the future when i am more comfortable with OCing, thnx for the suggestions, I am more of an advocate for Intel than AMD, as I've been running it for a loong time, and i want to bemore familiar with what I work with, For intel i'm quite "ok" on hardware info.

So I'd for an an Intel geared build. My original case choice was the HAF X but i realized that was overkill for what i was doing, So i Opted for the CM storm Enforcer as that was my next choice, thnx for the NZXT choice, but most probably I'll go for the CM Storm Case.

OCZ has never let me down. 

The case choice was only because i absolutely hate the look of the CM Storm :P

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard:  ASRock B85 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 

Case Fan:  Corsair Air Series AF120 Red 52.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1039.18

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 08:47 EDT-0400)

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

If you guys insist on me getting a Z87 mobo, then i might consider it, as it would be nice to OC in the future with the same pc when im comfortable with OCing

But for the most part No OCING

You say that you will not overclock as it is your first machine. I assure you when you build your first rig, and you want to play around a little. You'll start wanting to overclock. That's what happens with everyone... They say they don't want to to begin with. However you might want to later on when you're feeling bored. Your original build you priced out is actually really good. The only thing i would suggest changing for sure is that SSD. the V300 series have changed a lot since they were released and Kingston has started using cheaper shittier NAND. I'd suggest something more like a Samsung 840 EVO. Other than that you're golden!

EDIT: I am very sorry. I forgot to add that i think you should get a better power supply. I would suggest something from perhaps Corsair, Cooler Master, Cougar, or Seasonic. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

May I ask you you don't want to overclock?

I am NOT going to overclock this machine, As it is my first one and maybe in the future when i am more comfortable with OCing, thnx for the suggestions, 

You say that you will not overclock as it is your first machine. I assure you when you build your first rig, and you want to play around a little. You'll start wanting to overclock. That's what happens with everyone... They say they don't want to to begin with. However you might want to later on when you're feeling bored. Your original build you priced out is actually really good. The only thing i would suggest changing for sure is that SSD. the V300 series have changed a lot since they were released and Kingston has started using cheaper shittier NAND. I'd suggest something more like a Samsung 840 EVO. Other than that you're golden!

EDIT: I am very sorry. I forgot to add that i think you should get a better power supply. I would suggest something from perhaps Corsair, Cooler Master, Cougar, or Seasonic. 

What does everyone say to @DarrenP  's Statement guys??   Should I ??

Also @DarrenP  for the PSU initially i was going to pick out the CX500 or 600 from corsair but i was suggested this OCZ PSU by other community members

What does everyone say to @DarrenP  's Statement guys??   Should I ??

I should total up what i think you should get:

Here:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3lfRW

I mean it's right on the money line... So if you have exactly 1200 dollars after Tax + Shipping. You could always drop down to a GTX 760. :)

Also i did change a few parts. I feel though this would be a better well rounded system.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Sure @DarrenP , I didn't recieve the parts list, this is because you need to save this in you account when u choose the parts, after you save the parts list you will get a permanent shareable link

Sure @DarrenP , I didn't recieve the parts list, this is because you need to save this in you account when u choose the parts, after you save the parts list you will get a permanent shareable link

Copied the wrong hyperlink. It's fixed now. 

I should total up what i think you should get:

Here:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3lfRW

I mean it's right on the money line... So if you have exactly 1200 dollars after Tax + Shipping. You could always drop down to a GTX 760.  :)

Also i did change a few parts. I feel though this would be a better well rounded system.

Thnx for the choices and suggestion,  I have a few questions though.

For the graphics I don't think i reaaaallllyy need a 770, Do I? FOr the games I'm gonna be playing?

Some games I intend to play (in priority order) :

Minecraft (Im aware this game is more CPU intensive, but some graphics power is required), Microsoft Simulator Series, Wargame, Dirt 3, FPS games are so high up on my list.

For the RAM the Ripjaws look cool and also have less height, plus that red tho : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

I might swap these out for the vengeance sticks, but i think they are still  amazing contenders

For the motherboard i think i'll stick with the GA-h87-d3h

You haven't included an HDD

The Samsung SSD is something im going to have to consider,

For the PSU, ummm....   NOT SURE the OCZ is quite good read some great reviews, and the TX series PSU is quite a good one as well

How about a vote: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=533d7b0de4b0e736839da134

The CM Storm CASE Stays

Guys please remember that I need to buy the monitors and other peripherals so $$$ aint goin to fly from anywhere for that so money that i save here will be put into peripherals   

May I ask you you don't want to overclock?

Not everybody overclocks

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

May I ask you why you don't want to overclock?

Little bit scared, I know like almost all PC builds are overclock friendly, but I have read and watched dangers of OC ing which really put me down. Also the fact that this is my first build