Kraken Z63 vs. Arctic Freezer II 360

ksm

Hi.

I recently bought a computer with Kraken Z63 in it as a CPU cooler. It's my first AiO and I'm not really happy with it.

Temperature stabilizes in just 15 second after I start any full load. I know that 5800x is hot, but it's faster than most of air coolers I had. NZXT CAM is mandatory to control pump, but it's slow (node.JS of all things!), prevents some games from running (event with hook disabled) and, from time to time, brakes it's configurations and I had to reinstall it completely. And all of that, while cooler has enough memory and computation power to save and display GIFs.

So now I'm thinking about changing it to something else. I have Arctic Cooling II 360 available at local shops and I think it might be interesting to cross-compare two AiO (shame that 280 variant is not available, to compare apples to apples).
However, I learned my lesson, so I want to know which problems I might expect with it?

Check you have space for the Arctic 360, it's actually almost 400mm long.  I had 3 cases here, all with support for a 360 rad but the Arctic only fit in one of them. 😁

Performance wise i can't complain in the slightest. 

Thanks for the answer.

I have 5000D. As far as I understand it might be a little too big for the front mount, but should be enough for top-mount.

Some have clearance issues with MB cables, but Z63 is wider and I was able to avoid them, so I guess it should not be a problem.

A worry a little about possibility of high pitch noise from 'VRM cooler', because small fan tend to be like that. However I can't find anyone complaining about that.

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

image.thumb.png.c58e24a1500e28bd724f103524d7ec8b.png

Thanks.

I actually missed that one and now re-checked X63 review, which showed that performance is almost identical to X62.

9 minutes ago, ksm said:

Thanks.

I actually missed that one and now re-checked X63 review, which showed that performance is almost identical to X62.

X** are for Looks
Arctic are for performance
galahad is both (and by the looks of it, with better fans it can do even better)