Is the Zotac Amp! GTX 1080 any good for a used card?

BigRecoiilz

I want to know if I should buy this card or, since the chips' prices are coming back down to earth slowly should I wait for a reasonable price for another card or just get this one?

BDA7690C-C672-4EB2-9CB2-6CE93B1CEB00.png

1 minute ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

I want to know if I should buy this card or, since the chips' prices are coming back down to earth slowly should I wait for a reasonable price for another card or just get this one?

or even this one?

BC2F3922-F15A-4AC6-A43C-C228E0A74557.png

1 minute ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

What is the price on the card?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

What is the price on the card?

Oh right, $150

18 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

The GTX 1080 is still a pretty good graphics card (even though the RTX 2000 and 3000 series cards are better), considering that it is a used card, you really don't know if the card was abused (ex. cryptocurrency mining). If you don't absolutely need a new GPU right now (can use integrated graphics or a GPU you already have) then I would recommend waiting until the prices fall and likely new GPUs will come to the market.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

jesus thats cheap. 1080ti here are still going for around 500 euros so like 600 usd

4 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

The GTX 1080 is still a pretty good graphics card (even though the RTX 2000 and 3000 series cards are better), considering that it is a used card, you really don't know if the card was abused (ex. cryptocurrency mining). If you don't absolutely need a new GPU right now (can use integrated graphics or a GPU you already have) then I would recommend waiting until the prices fall and likely new GPUs will come to the market.

Well my birthday is coming up so I was hoping for my parents to get me something at least for right now. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, 1080s and 1080tis are still very capable at 1080p and 1440p.

Just be careful with used GPUs as you never know how those cards were treated. Best thing you can do is buy from someone local and test the card before buying.

Don't trust some video or pictures the seller shows you of the card working or anything like that.

150$ for a 1080ti is way too cheap. Looks fishy if you ask me.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

In my opinion 150USD For a GTX 1080 TI is too Cheap, Are you sure it's a GPU or just the box?. Also now way there are a people in this world who will underpriced the GPU so low like that considering the current GPU prices, I mean even a used card should be at reasonable price which lower than MSRP or at MSRP and even higher than the MSRP because of the current shortage

Other than that don't too much expecting a used GPU, It could be from a mining operation, The GPU is defective, Or even not work at at all, Also don't expect heavily at a image, It could even be fake.

Triple check what you're doing. Yes it is a good thing to NOT being inpatient right now. Because GPU Shortage will end someday...

Other than that GTX 1080 TI is Still a beast, Performing much more like RTX 2070, RX 5700. Or even RTX 3060/ti but with Higher TDP due to older pascal chip

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com