HOW DO YOU INSTALL AMD FSR WITHOUT AMD HARDWARE??

Pen3325

I was super excited for amd fsr release because I am currently using a gtx1660 super with no dlss.

I went to install the amd software that has fsr support included but it said that I couldn't because I had no amd hardware....

I would really appreciate it if anyone knew how to install without amd hardware and could let me know. Thanks 

update drivers and check supported games, only supported games it can be used on.

FIRST OF ALL YOUR GAME HAS TO SUPPORT IT, THEN YOUR DRIVERS NEED TO BE UP TO DATE. HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE IF NVIDIA RELEASED DRIVERS SUPPORTING FSR JUST YET.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

THEN YOUR DRIVERS NEED TO BE UP TO DATE. HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE IF NVIDIA RELEASED DRIVERS SUPPORTING FSR JUST YET.

Do you have a link to the info that Nvidia  needs to support this through drivers? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

24 minutes ago, Pen3325 said:

would really appreciate it if anyone knew how to install without amd hardware and could let me know

You dont, its a per game implementation thing, the Driver seemingly does not really matter. 

Here is the current list of games with FSR support:

• 22 Racing Series
  • Anno 1800
  • Evil Genius 2
  • Godfall
  • KingShunt
  • Terminator Resistance
  • The Riftbraker

Unless you are playing one of those games, you won't be able to use FSR. Just like DLSS, this is done on a per-game basis. It isn't available at the hardware level.

Just play games that have FSR enabled. That's all. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

Here is the current list of games with FSR support:

+ Dota 2

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

would think that drivers could change the performance and visual aspect.

if something collide with what FSR does.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

would think that drivers could change the performance and visual aspect.

if something collide with what FSR does.

FSR is basically an advanced filter. It does up-scaling and sharpening on an image. The special sauce seems to have something to do with determining the edges of game objects so that edges don't get blurred. Apparently it just uses individual frames of the game as input, so driver support shouldn't really matter.

6 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

+ Dota 2

Hey look, a game I actually have access to! Alright, I think I'll download it and give FSR a try myself.

5 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Hey look, a game I actually have access to! Alright, I think I'll download it and give FSR a try myself.

You can download Riftbreaker demo on Steam too. 

24 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

+ Dota 2

Not yet its coming soon but not now 

1 hour ago, Omar.B said:

Not yet its coming soon but not now 

It's already live right?

22 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Oh I see but which driver should I download?

Whichever is the latest.

37 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Oh I see but which driver should I download?

I didn't update my driver, it just works. I'm using GTX 980 Ti though

• 6 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 5:09 PM, GoldenLag said:

You dont, its a per game implementation thing, the Driver seemingly does not really matter. 

So you just have to download FSR from opengpu and play the game?

Edited by Adi58934
Miss spelling

49 minutes ago, Adi58934 said:

FSR is not something you download.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Adi58934 said:

from who and no. the game just needs to support it.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Yes there are people that have made apps to make FSR run on "anything". While I cant really say which one is good to run. As it can be used the same way as NIS (nvidia's version). Also AMD could enable this, but the best results are integrated FSR to the game.

Yep, the game must have FSR support for you to enable it in the game menu. When FSR was announced and that Godfall supported it, I snagged the game and tried it. Managed to get pretty good framerate at 4K at 'Quality' preset on my i7 4770K/16GB DDR3 2133/GTX 1080, this was with whatever driver that was available at the time. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2