Really dreading the gaming only and mining only new GPU's

On my computer I play games nearly 100% of the time I am on it. However when I am not I will mine crypto currencies on the same GPU I use to play all the games I want to. But if the new gaming only GPU's are actually mining resistant, then that will be a huge problem for me. Additionally, the operating system I use is Linux. I feel like the only reason my current GPU has drivers that work is because of crypto currency mining. I know tons of people who have GPU driver problems on Linux on Nvidia GPU's, and with a large share of the Linux machines with Nvidia GPU's going to the new, mining only cards, I really feel like, if Nvidia continues this, no new gaming cards will have good Linux drivers. I feel like with this not only will a lot of gamers who mine crypto currencies during their computers downtime will suffer, but gaming on Linux will suffer immensely too. All I can really hope for is that either this doesn't end up happening or Nvidia only does it this one time because of the silicon shortage. But I also feel like they won't stop doing this because it means more profit for them. If cryptocurrency miners need to buy new cards to keep getting profit, all their old mining hardware will be useless since there is no one that can use it anymore. Thus meaning that the left over mining cards will just be thrown away. 

Personally, this is horrible and I really really hope this never happens.

Tbh if you want to use linux get amd, nvidia just sucks balls when used with linux.

Closed source drivers, limits that only exist in linux but not windows, and fixing those limits literally require hardware modding.

Whereas amd

Open source drivers available on linux, no stupid linux specific limits

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tbh if you want to use linux get amd, nvidia just sucks balls when used with linux.

Closed source drivers, limits that only exist in linux but not windows, and fixing those limits literally require hardware modding.

Whereas amd

Open source drivers available on linux, no stupid linux specific limits

I can't really do that, since most the GPU's I get are old ones from my older brother.
Additionally, if someone who is using a Nvidia GPU and wants to switch from Windows to Linux, they'd have to buy another GPU which isn't very practical.