Liquid breakfast?

flamer7

Hey there guys I just wanted to ask you, since I drink this every single day, is it bad to drink it? I mean the taste is good and there is high protein and fibre, but the sugar is shown as 23.2g! Is it bad to drink it every day? It's Nutri-Grain.jpg

The recommended daily intake of sugar is something like 90g/day. Depending how the rest of your diet shapes up, using almost a third of that at breakfast should be okay.

there are probably better options than Kellogg's :/

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Eat some real  fresh food :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hey there guys I just wanted to ask you, since I drink this every single day, is it bad to drink it? I mean the taste is good and there is high protein and fibre, but the sugar is shown as 23.2g! Is it bad to drink it every day? It's Nutri-Grain.jpg

They taste terrible IMO.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

The recommended daily intake of sugar is something like 90g/day. Depending how the rest of your diet shapes up, using almost a third of that at breakfast should be okay.

that would depend of it's 23g total or 23g pr 100g of liquid, if it's pr 100g then the answer is clearly no, either way you shouldn't drink this every day, variation is the key to everything.

that would depend of it's 23g total or 23g pr 100g of liquid, if it's pr 100g then the answer is clearly no. -snip-

That is true. hadn't considered that.

Eat fresh fruits instead. Those liquid breakfast you drink may have high protein and fibre, but as every other food that is packaged for long shelf life,expect some presevatives added to it.

It's 23.2g per serving, which is 250ml

that would depend of it's 23g total or 23g pr 100g of liquid, if it's pr 100g then the answer is clearly no, either way you shouldn't drink this every day, variation is the key to everything.

Would you like someone I know to give you a 20min lecture on the issues behind it?

I guess it's fine but you're better off eating eggs and the like.

Would you like someone I know to give you a 20min lecture on the issues behind it?

Could you summarise it for me?

I guess it's fine but you're better off eating eggs and the like.

Yea I do sometimes, but I live in a student residence and they cook little for us, and I hope that these things can help me grow abit :P

Yea I do sometimes, but I live in a student residence and they cook little for us, and I hope that these things can help me grow abit :P

If you want to grow then sugar is not really the answer :P Try meats.

25% of your sugar. 0% fibre. Full of chemicals. 

I'd buy a ton of fresh or frozen fruits (veggies if you're into that) along with things like oats and protein powder for a healthier "liquid" breakfast. Something comparable will be expensive to buy on a regular basis and probably still not as good for you.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Why not just drink flavored milk or butter milk or ...they are a great healthy and yummy way to start the day... :) ...

Try making fresh smoothies using fruit & vegetables together & add yogurt to the mix!

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

I eat this every morning :

peeled-banana.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.