Google Account Recovery [Unreachable 2FA]

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
11 hours ago, Ky_GG said:

No backup codes have been set for this email either (yes I know).

The backup codes are for bypassing 2FA if device is lost or broken. You don't "set up" them, they are given when 2FA is activated, and probably regenerated after you have used all 10. Or request them for services you have 2FA enabled.

Is there any way I can make use of any of the other details on this account or haggle my way through?

No? Something like email account is really bad if you haven't got the measures of recovery setup from start. Unlike store accounts, you don't have credit cards or other payments linked in a way where you could reliably prove ownership. And here, we can't know if this even is your email or the persons you are trying to help. You could be asking ways to hack email by pretending that you don't the setup backups and asking ways to go around them.

I know, this is extremely idiotic of me to ask. I need to help a friend out with the situation and it matters alot 😞

They know the google account email and passwords but have lost the SIM that is associated with the 2FA on the account.

No email is set up for a backup and when following up with the relevant options on googles recovery page, we are led to this.

1439664753_DeadEnd.thumb.jpeg.ec4bc1aaf9d1fadcd0452df4d57052cb.jpeg

I am fairly certain that any other details associated with the account are also known but just can't seem to make any use of them in recovery.

Is there any way I can make use of any of the other details on this account or haggle my way through?

The backup codes are for bypassing 2FA if device is lost or broken. You don't "set up" them, they are given when 2FA is activated, and probably regenerated after you have used all 10. Or request them for services you have 2FA enabled.

No? Something like email account is really bad if you haven't got the measures of recovery setup from start. Unlike store accounts, you don't have credit cards or other payments linked in a way where you could reliably prove ownership. And here, we can't know if this even is your email or the persons you are trying to help. You could be asking ways to hack email by pretending that you don't the setup backups and asking ways to go around them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yeah, I understand the idiocy in my question completely. Just wanted to check if there are things about the recovery process on emails that I was missing out in case it could help. 

Thanks anyways!