Format bootable USB drive

MrSeal

So I flashed my new 64GB USB stick with Pop!_OS, but I need to redo it so it becomes a regular, usable USB drive again. As of now, Windows does not recognize the drive, it knows it's there, but doesn't show up in the file explorer. I need to delete everything off of it, but I don't know how I could do it. I tried Rufus, but it doesn't see the drive at all either. Then I tried with the command prompt, with the diskpart command, but that failed as well. Any ideas how I could do it? Do I need to do it from Pop!_OS itself? If so, how can I do that, because I'm very new to Linux, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

open cmd.exe as adminstrator

then type:-

Diskpart

List Disk

Sel Dis X (replace X with the number of your drive)

Clean

Exit

Then go to disk  management and right click on the unallocated space on Your USB drive and click new simple volume and click next a bunch of times.

Your issue should now be fixed.

Just now, WickedThunder86 said:

open cmd.exe as adminstrator

then type:-

Diskpart

List Disk

Sel Dis X (replace X with the number of your drive)

Clean

Exit

Then go to disk  management and right click on the unallocated space on Your USB drive and click new simple volume and click next a bunch of times.

Your issue should now be fixed.

Also Does device manager sees your drive?

I tried the diskpart thing, but a thing I found strange is that it says the drive has a size of 0 B even though previously it said that it was 58GB, which is close enough to 64 I suppose, still did the 'clean' regardless. I can not see the drive in disk managment, however it does show up as a disk in device manager.

6 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Also Does device manager sees your drive?

9 minutes ago, MrSeal said:

I tried the diskpart thing, but a thing I found strange is that it says the drive has a size of 0 B even though previously it said that it was 58GB, which is close enough to 64 I suppose, still did the 'clean' regardless. I can not see the drive in disk managment, however it does show up as a disk in device manager.

I'm sorry nevermind, for some reason it worked when I plugged it into a different USB port, the clean command worked, and it finally showed up in disk managment, and successfully formatted it, now it shows up in the file explorer! Thanks a bunch!