CPU speed doesn't exceed it's base speed even under load

I have an intel core i5 10300H in an msi gf65 thin gaming laptop. It used to overheat like crazy (it went up over 90 celsius), so I turned the maximum processor state down to 99% which solved the overheating, but it also reduced the cpu's max speed to 2,4Ghz. After that I tried undervolting the cpu so that it can run on 100% and won't get overheated, but it didn't work. After the undervolting, even if I set the maximum processor state back to 100% it won't exceed 2,5Ghz. I restored the intel xtu settings back to default then I uninstalled the software, but now even without any undervolting, my processor won't exceed it's base speed. Any ideas what could have possibly went wrong? (The pictured attached shows the cpu while a cpu heavy game is running in the background)

image.png

Dont use Task Manager, it only shows the all core average speed(i think). Use something like HWinfo64 to see the per core speed.

Edit: here you see the difference in actual clock speed and what Task Manager is reporting on my system

image.png.251797ac814920a0bf86f75d9eccd6d7.png

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Yeah, I know that task manager doesn't properly shows the cpu speed, but even while I was running a stress test in intel XTU it didn't exceed 2,5GHz. Also, before I tried the undervolting, the task manager showed that my cpu was running at around 3,8-4,2 GHz under load, now it never exceeds 2,5GHz. I probably messed up something with the undervolting, but even after I restored all the settings back to default the numbers won't change