The IMPOSSIBLE PC

ivycomb

Every time I聽see a video with a mini ITX case that is small like this i think "wow that would be a really nice PC to just have on my desk, it looks sleek and doesn't take up a lot of room"

then i watch a build video with said case and my opinion immediately changes to "wow that looks like an absolute nightmare of a case to build in. I'll just stick with M-ATX"

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Every time I聽see a video with a mini ITX case that is small like this i think "wow that would be a really nice PC to just have on my desk, it looks sleek and doesn't take up a lot of room"

Depending on what you want, there is some nice to build in ITX cases. Although, only pump and rad for the CPU.

Also another video that was fun to watch? if others felt the same way?

4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Depending on what you want, there is some nice to build in ITX cases. Although, only pump and rad for the CPU.

I always go air cooling.

I used to have a Fractal Nano S and while it is on the bigger side of ITX, it was still annoying to work in.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

then i watch a build video with said case and my opinion immediately changes to "wow that looks like an absolute nightmare of a case to build in. I'll just stick with M-ATX"

They are a satisfying nightmare to build in though! I love my ITX shoebox HTPC but it was kind of a pain to assemble with a 120MM AIO in pull as the only case fan, fitting the SSD where it's not supposed to go because the AIO isn't one made to fit this case so the fan doesn't fit where it should go so the hard drive is mounted in a weird spot now too. Whole thing is a mess to put together but the case strips down pretty bare which makes it easier to work on but boy do you need to plan your build steps and fit, refit, things carefully.

Hey so anyone know if those radiators are cross flow or just the tube and fin type with a big tube curving back and forth or dual pass or what? They kind of look like a single path tube that goes back and forth?

4 hours ago, Blacklistbill said:

Does anyone still use those hard plastic tube coils (looks like a tiny plastic slinky before it is on the tubing) for difficult short bends in water cooling?聽

I have just one section in my build where I needed that - a particularly small and short 180 bend joining two rads side by side at the ends. It's also not in a very visible spot so I'm not too concerned over the looks.

Why use it? Because I needed to maintain flow rate. Even 2x45 rotary fittings can be restrictive and I would have needed two of them to make the connection. Those 2x45 fittings are also notorious for o-ring failure - even a slight amount of lateral stress can break the inner seals and end up with a fitting that leaks, something I learned the hard way. Likewise using a pair of 90 degree fittings was also not an option. With complex/large loops using multiple rads and blocks such as mine deciding to use a lot of 45 and 90 fittings will make a pump work harder. Dual pumps in series will give you higher head pressure to compensate, but then your weakest point becomes "where else" you have a potential leak due to a o-ring or fitting that isn't tight enough.

With small diameter tubing making a 180 bend isn't a big deal. But when you have the thicker wall ~3/4 inch stuff bends like those become a challenge - a kink in a soft tube is not what you want.

Hard tubing would have been an obvious workaround but knowing how to accurately and precisely bend that stuff requires trial and error. I also didn't want to invest in the tools needed to work with that (cutting, deburring, bending). You will find soft tubing in larger diameter sizes than hard tubing as well - an important factor for flow rate and coolant volume. Finally, I needed colored tubing (in place of dyed coolant) and the soft stuff came in exactly the color I wanted.

On 6/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, JBee said:

King of Wing from BiliBili

If anybody is wondering.

BiliBili is basically chineses YT. Why? The great firewall of china block most of YT sadly.

Spoiler

Interesting facts (random order):

Spoiler

BiliBili was first a hatsune miku upload site (still is) similar to nicovideo.

BiliBili owns the OW Hangzhou sparks.聽

The name is from A Certain Scientific Railgun main character Mikoto Misaka is nicknamed biribiri (zapzap in english)

A certain Scientific railgun is used for OW Hangzhou sparks logo.

No I don't live in china, I just know alot of video sites.

Everyone,Creator -聽鍒濋煶銉熴偗 Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo聽 500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5聽2400 - lenovo聽CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD -聽dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD聽

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang聽聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

On 6/29/2021 at 4:15 AM, macymood said:

If anyone was looking for the links to parts here is what I could find:聽

Rad & Pump聽17mm 240mm + Pump size

Rad 17mm 240mm

Kaze 1212 Fan 12mm

Vector 1 Silver

Vector 1 Black

Vector 1 HDD accessory

Cant find the Metal side panels if anyone can help me find those that would be great 馃檪

I can鈥檛 find it either 馃槥