Xbox series X gets really hot

O_Bsnacks

This is probably normal but my xbox series x get very hot. It does feel like it is pushing hot air out but its not the top that bothers me its the sides of the console they get hot and I wanted to know if this is normal. So far I never had a game crash and never had any problems I also bought an external cooling fan and it doent seem to do much besides keep like the bottom portion of the console cool so I might just return it.

18 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

This is probably normal but my xbox series x get very hot. It does feel like it is pushing hot air out but its not the top that bothers me its the sides of the console they get hot and I wanted to know if this is normal. So far I never had a game crash and never had any problems I also bought an external cooling fan and it doent seem to do much besides keep like the bottom portion of the console cool so I might just return it.

Do not use external cooling fans. Those might blow fresh air to wrong places and fool some case temp sensor into lowering the cooling fan speed.

49 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Do not use external cooling fans. Those might blow fresh air to wrong places and fool some case temp sensor into lowering the cooling fan speed.

Do you think it will be ok now that I stopped using it? Like did I damage the system?

8 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

Do you think it will be ok now that I stopped using it? Like did I damage the system?

It'll be fine. You just got to make sure that the air intake and outlet are not obstructed and you have it in an environment where it can get fresh air.