Is this a good setup overall?

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
Just now, Ruan952617 said:

Thanks. I'm used to gaming on Xbox so I'm not really familiar with recent AAA games system requirements. Will this build be good for a while? Because it's alot of money for a build that will only be able to play games for a year or so.

A year?

This system can probably easily last you 5 years or more at pretty high settings.

Ultra settings are stupid and rarely do anything to make the game look better BUT cost you heaps in performance.

This system is a very nice 1440p 144hz system for now and years to come. Just don't get the aio it will break rather quickly.

The case also does not have the best airflow but at least it is half mesh in the front.

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z590

CPU: Intel i7 11700KF

GPU: RTX3070ti 8gb

SSD: 500gb WD SN850

RAM: Trident Z 16gb DDR4 3600mhz

Power: TUF gaming 750B 750w

Is there anything short in the build?

Well yeah a case.

I can't say if this is a good build as no components prices are listed and some of these parts are of higher prices but aren't better than others.

Also quite low storage.

What I need to know is the budget, location, use case and current price of the build.

I'd say you're better off with a 5800X or a 5600X with how awful the 11700K is for thermals and everything else, also you are going to NEED more storage than 500GB in this system. Otherwise I mean it's a well-rounded build if you're dead-set on Intel for personal reasons

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well yeah a case.

I can't say if this is a good build as no components prices are listed and some of these parts are of higher prices but aren't better than others.

Also quite low storage.

What I need to know is the budget, location, use case and current price of the build.

It's a pre-built Desktop from Ipason.

The Price is $2000 which is basically the high point of my budget range. I live in China. Here is a rough translation of the build. 

mmexport1624345419364.jpg

3 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

I'd say you're better off with a 5800X or a 5600X with how awful the 11700K is for thermals and everything else, also you are going to NEED more storage than 500GB in this system. Otherwise I mean it's a well-rounded build if you're dead-set on Intel for personal reasons

It's a pre-built setup without the option for Ryzen. Yeah I'm planning on getting 1tb ssd

It's a pre-built setup without the option for Ryzen. Yeah I'm planning on getting 1tb ssd

Ok well then that is a decent price I'd say go for it but if possible get an air cooler segotep aio's are not good.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Ok well then that is a decent price I'd say go for it but if possible get an air cooler segotep aio's are not good.

Thanks. I'm used to gaming on Xbox so I'm not really familiar with recent AAA games system requirements. Will this build be good for a while? Because it's alot of money for a build that will only be able to play games for a year or so.

A year?

This system can probably easily last you 5 years or more at pretty high settings.

Ultra settings are stupid and rarely do anything to make the game look better BUT cost you heaps in performance.

This system is a very nice 1440p 144hz system for now and years to come. Just don't get the aio it will break rather quickly.

The case also does not have the best airflow but at least it is half mesh in the front.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

A year?

Thanks. You were a big help. Appreciate it. 

7 minutes ago, Ruan952617 said:

Thanks. You were a big help. Appreciate it. 

Do keep in mind that 144fps in a fair few single player games and non esports is harder too achieve as a lot of games aren't optimized for it. So settings will be game by game basis of course. Some games literally can't get there but that is where freesync (or gysnc) comes in on a monitor to catch those lower fps.

The gigabyte G27Q is a monitor I highly recommend as it is around 300$ (don't know how much that is for you there) but performs almost exactly as MUCH higher priced ones and has the features to boot.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Do keep in mind that 144fps in a fair few single player games and non esports is harder too achieve as a lot of games aren't optimized for it. So settings will be game by game basis of course. Some games literally can't get there but that is where freesync (or gysnc) comes in on a monitor to catch those lower fps.

The gigabyte G27Q is a monitor I highly recommend as it is around 300$ (don't know how much that is for you there) but performs almost exactly as MUCH higher priced ones and has the features to boot.

I plan on just getting a Samsung QLED 4k TV to use as my monitor in my living room. As I currently use my laptop and a TLC TV but seeing as I'm getting a high end PC I thought I'd just get a new TV, as I use my laptop for everything entertainment wise because you need a VPN to access almost anything. And I read that the 30 series GPUs are compatible with Samsung TV.

8 minutes ago, Ruan952617 said:

I plan on just getting a Samsung QLED 4k TV to use as my monitor in my living room. As I currently use my laptop and a TLC TV but seeing as I'm getting a high end PC I thought I'd just get a new TV, as I use my laptop for everything entertainment wise because you need a VPN to access almost anything. And I read that the 30 series GPUs are compatible with Samsung TV.

Every gpu with hdmi will work on a tv. All depends on what you are going to do on it. If this is gaming you might wanna get one of those hdmi 2.1 higher refresh rate or at least dynamic refresh rate systems.

I do see the 8gb on the card becoming a issue sooner than later due to well it being rather low for such a high end card.

Yeah the TV I'm planning on getting has a 200hz refresh rate and HDMI 2.1.

The 8gb on the GPU will have to do because the bigger ones are much to expensive to get unfortunately.