Supply issue in Asus Zephyros G15 GA503QR where I live - a choice between 32GB with R7 5800HS and 16GB with R9 5900HS

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
Just now, Sinros said:

Light video editing, occasional gaming and mainly software development, I have Docker running in the background and sometimes I run a VM with Windows Server or Linux depending on the project...

The 5800hs. Performance difference is almost nothing but extra ram might be useful for you.

I want to buy Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR with an RTX3070, however we have a supply issue in my area.

The only choices I have are either a 32gb model with 5800 or a 16gb model with 5900, both come with the QHD screen, 1TB SSD, and a 3070.

There is almost no price difference between the 2 models so price isn't a consideration.
100$~ cheaper for the 5900 with 16gb and no OS compared to 32GB 5800 with win10 home.

A decent 32GB RAM stick costs a little more than 200$ (based on HyperX Impact 3200Mhz).

However from my understanding the 16GB version has 8GB soldered and the 32GB version has 16GB soldered....

I appreciate your help, thanks.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What will you be using the laptop for?

Light video editing, occasional gaming and mainly software development, I have Docker running in the background and sometimes I run a VM with Windows Server or Linux depending on the project...

Just now, Sinros said:

The 5800hs. Performance difference is almost nothing but extra ram might be useful for you.