GPU fans at full speed on boot and no video signal

TheDiniz

first of all sorry for potential english mistakes :)

there are high chances of beeing a bad gpu but i want to try all the possibilites before giving up (i got it from a guy who got it from aliexpress so...).

well i got this aorus rx570 4gb when i first tried its booted fine, but the image was on a weird resolutionbut that sorted itself with a restart, i got the drivers from amd (i used a nvidia gpu before and didint unnistall any driver before trying the 570), then i went to play control, and it ran well for a few minutos but then started what i think its called artifacting, then i opened league of legends witch shold run fine but the "artifacts?" were there as soon as the game started and those werent like the ones in control, i really cant tell what the hell that was but it was like multiple distortions all over the screen, well than i shutdown my computer and booted on hiveOS to see the hashes, eventually i turned on the pc with the 570 on the 16x pcie and a gtx 1070 throught a riser, i think it even worked at first but sometime a tried to turn it on and the fans on the 570 would go up to 100 and it wouldnt send any video to the monitor, hiveos would eventually start and only de 1070 would show up, sometimes a took the 1070 out and it the 570 would "work", sometimes not, i had gave up but then i tried to flash a different bios, tried several roms (flashed in hiveos), some messed up and the screen would go green but then one seems to have worked, the card booted fine and there was no crazy things on league of legends, the i turned of the pc and on again to boot on hiveOS and see how it would behave but now its not sending video again and the fans stay at 100% all the time, sometimes the fan stop for a second the go again to full speed, sometimes it happens several times these "stops" like its trying to boot again i guess?

well is there anything i can do about it?

aorus rx 570 4gb

gigabyte b450m

ryzen 5 1600AF

8gb 2666mhz (single stick)

500w psu

I'm not sure what you are trying to figure out. Are you using 2 Gpus for one system?

8 hours ago, NotMaximillion said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to figure out. Are you using 2 Gpus for one system?

the problem its the gpu not working, beeing it alone or with 2 gpus on the computer

3 hours ago, TheDiniz said:

the problem its the gpu not working, beeing it alone or with 2 gpus on the computer

maybe try uninstalling the nvidia drivers? They could be interfering with something in your gpu.

6 hours ago, NotMaximillion said:

maybe try uninstalling the nvidia drivers? They could be interfering with something in your gpu.

i dont think thats the case since the card wont even boot, im not a expert but the drivers should only do any thing after the OS is initialized right?

31 minutes ago, TheDiniz said:

i dont think thats the case since the card wont even boot, im not a expert but the drivers should only do any thing after the OS is initialized right?

yes you're not wrong. maybe your mobo is not compatible with it. or if you want you can completely wipe your system and reinstall windows and everything back on. i feel that is the best way to get it to work. you can install everything and get rid of the issues

i think its something bios related, but im waiting for a new ssd and once it arrives i can try to reset mobo bios and try on the fresh ssd but it doesnt really seems to me thats the problem