Opinion on hot swap keyboard

ieued

I’m new to making keyboards and wanted to know if a white, wireless, hot swap board that works with nk creams. Thanks!

Budget? Layout/size preference?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Hey there.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:30 PM, ieued said:

I’m new to making keyboards and wanted to know if a white, wireless, hot swap board that works with nk creams. Thanks!

Wireless and hotswap makes me think of the GK64 and other GK variants.

• GK64XS (Amazon, KPrepublic): 60% Compact. White and Polycarbonate cases available from Amazon. For KPrepublic, select "GK64XS White Case" for the white case variant.
  • GK87S (EpomakerKPrepublic): TKL. White case variants available. For KPrepublic, select "GK87S Bluetooth White Case Kit" for the white case variant.
  • GK96XS (Epomaker): White case variants available. Also available in Southpaw (numpad to the left) variants.

All three boards will support 5-pin switches, like the NovelKeys Creams.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I personally have a Royal Kludge RK84 which has 5 pin support, so you could switch the stock switches out if you wished. Also as a side note just in case you didn't know, you can "convert" 5 pin switches to 3 pin by clipping off the two plastic legs to make it work in any 3 pin board.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:23 AM, Eschew said:

Hey there.

Wireless and hotswap makes me think of the GK64 and other GK variants.

• GK64X (Amazon, KPrepublic): 60% Compact. White and Polycarbonate cases available from Amazon. For KPrepublic, select "GK64X Kit 2" for the white case variant.
  • GK87S (EpomakerKPrepublic): TKL. White case variants available. For KPrepublic, select "GK87S Bluetooth White Case Kit" for the white case variant.
  • GK96XS (Epomaker, KPrepublic): White case variants available. Also available in Southpaw (numpad to the left) variants. For KPrepublic, select "GK96X White Case Barebone Kit" for the white case variants.

All three boards will support 5-pin switches, like the NovelKeys Creams.

Thanks so much!!!!

1 hour ago, ieued said:

Thanks so much!!!!

🤔

Apologies, I double-checked my links and I might have made a mistake with my KPrepublic links:

• GK64XS (Amazon, KPrepublic) is wireless, GK64X is not. KPrepublic doesn't seem to sell the wireless board as a keyboard kit, if you'd like to purchase from their store, they offer the GK64XS as a fully equipped keyboard.
  • GK96XS (Epomaker) is wireless, GK96X is not. KPrepublic only offers the wired GK96X. If you'd like a wireless 96% board, I'd suggest purchasing from Epomaker.

I've corrected my previous post to reflect the changes above. Hopefully I haven't led you (or any other anonymous readers) astray. 😅

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)