New PC for light video editing

mCode

Budget (including currency): €1300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I have dowloaded about 1000 prebuild animations that I use in Adobe premiere pro, I will render them in 1440P and upload them on Youtube. I will also add text over these pre build animations. All these animations are about 250GB combined that I like on a fast disk. I will also need to add voice to these videos. I'm also using this system to have meetings (Microsoft Teams) that I like to be in high quality on my cam. Right now I'm using my phone as my cam. I also think it's important to note that I am not using crazy edits. I may use some Adobe features here and there. 

Other details 

I have all the peripherals. I just need a Desktop. 

Requirements

1 TB of fast storage

2 TB of slow storage (backup) 

A durable motherboard (I'm not planning to replace it) 

Quiet system 

No funny colors. Preferably black. 

16GB + Ram

• RTX 3080
  • z690 ASROCK Mini ITX
  • Coolermaster 240mm Masterliquid
  • 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro SL
  • Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold
  • 2TB 980 Pro m.2

34 minutes ago, mCode said:

Budget (including currency): €1300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I have dowloaded about 1000 prebuild animations that I use in Adobe premiere pro, I will render them in 1440P and upload them on Youtube. I will also add text over these pre build animations. All these animations are about 250GB combined that I like on a fast disk. I will also need to add voice to these videos. I'm also using this system to have meetings (Microsoft Teams) that I like to be in high quality on my cam. Right now I'm using my phone as my cam. I also think it's important to note that I am not using crazy edits. I may use some Adobe features here and there. 

Other details 

I have all the peripherals. I just need a Desktop. 

Requirements

1 TB of fast storage

2 TB of slow storage (backup) 

A durable motherboard (I'm not planning to replace it) 

Quiet system 

No funny colors. Preferably black. 

16GB + Ram

Here a good one but you still need a GPU https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/NZnBBc

you still have a 400€  for it 

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/96vtDc

I went with quiet focused components (mostly from BeQuiet). If you wanted it to be even quieter, you could try to find a 2TB SATA SSD, but with the current GPU pricing, that would put it over budget unless you luck out.

I decided to go with the 3700X instead of the 5600X for the extra cores and gave you 32GB of RAM for plenty of headroom. You could also step down to 3200 RAM or 16GB (or both) to maybe fit that SATA SSD into the build if you don't want the HDD noise.

The GPU I found is basically the cheapest one currently available that would still be good for editing (a GTX 1650). At 300, it's not a great price, but that's the nature of the market right now. Hopefully, you'd be able to luck out and find something better.

thanks both,

Why are we picking AMD over Intel? I thought Intel was better for video editing. Feel free to educate me 🙂 

• RTX 3080
  • z690 ASROCK Mini ITX
  • Coolermaster 240mm Masterliquid
  • 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro SL
  • Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold
  • 2TB 980 Pro m.2

4 minutes ago, mCode said:

thanks both,

Why are we picking AMD over Intel? I thought Intel was better for video editing. Feel free to educate me 🙂 

No Ryzen is better thanks for multitasking score which is better than intel or almost any intel CPU 

26 minutes ago, mCode said:

thanks both,

If you can take advantage of QuickSync, then Intel can be better. Otherwise, Ryzen is faster for encoding. Do you know if your work leverages QuickSync?

3700X for the extra cores.

2TB NVMe storage, not all the storage asked for but it is all fast. Easy enough to add an hdd later.

Very good price on the psu, don't know how long that will last. A CXM 550 would be about the same price.

Not a great motherboard, but quite capable of supporting the cpu.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€269.89 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€83.85 @ Megekko) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€83.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€259.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB OC Video Card  (€452.95 @ Megekko) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€69.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€69.85 @ Megekko) 
Total: €1289.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-19 17:14 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.