Should I buy a webcam for Vtubing?

Diamond2k26

So, I was slightly contemplating on what webcam to use to integrate more interaction for my viewers, then I saw a few posts saying to use my phone as a webcam instead...would that be easier and more effective woth a phone holder tripod or...what?

13 minutes ago, Diamond2k26 said:

So, I was slightly contemplating on what webcam to use to integrate more interaction for my viewers, then I saw a few posts saying to use my phone as a webcam instead...would that be easier and more effective woth a phone holder tripod or...what?

If you have an android phone it can be useful as a webcam. Plus most have way better quality than any webcam. Droid cam is a popular one. At least with that you can try it before buying anything

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

On 6/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, mr fobs said:

If you have an android phone it can be useful as a webcam. Plus most have way better quality than any webcam. Droid cam is a popular one. At least with that you can try it before buying anything

tried using that and integrating it to act as a camera for the program that i'm using for my Vtuber model...did not work, so if there's any recommondation for a wbcam that can track movement but is worth the buck in the long run as I may decide to ditch the vtubing in the future (who knows), all are welcomed lol

On 6/21/2021 at 2:36 AM, Diamond2k26 said:

tried using that and integrating it to act as a camera for the program that i'm using for my Vtuber model...did not work, so if there's any recommondation for a wbcam that can track movement but is worth the buck in the long run as I may decide to ditch the vtubing in the future (who knows), all are welcomed lol

Well if you have RTX graphics card, NVIDIA Broadcast can turn any webcam into a good one with tracking. 

But anyway, personally I use the Logitech StreamCam. With proper lighting, it has decent clear video and head tracking built in and good mic audio. Its a bit expensive though.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage