Is microcenter scamming us?

i no the grocery store is scamming you...some stuff has a mark up of %40...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 6/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, Bi0 said:

I recently went to a microcenter to see if there were any new cards to my surprise they had some amd cards. Me not being too familiar with their prices I bought a RX 6800, as I sold my 1080ti before the 30 series was released, and have been waiting ever since. Because of this desperation I just threw my card at the cashier and paid 1100$ for the card, when I looked it up it seems that the card should only be valued at 500$. Did I just get scammed by micro center or is there a reason the card is currently priced like this. I think I'm going to return the card, and put my pc out of commission again. As much as I hate waiting I don't think I can justify the price. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Keep in mind the card has a 30 day return which i am planning to take advantage of, and i am more just probing to see if this is common for everyone else/ if any one has some insight. The money isn't a huge deal to me personally as ill just be returning it shortly. Also keep in mind i'm using scamming liberally, i do not feel as though micro center is maliciously trying steal my lunch money. it is just there to grab attention and raise discussion on the topic of the increasing rates we are starting to see with retail prices, specifically with the over 100% mark up on AMD cards. At least locally Nvidias offerings have not had such a drastic increase.

Microcenter is selling at the "MSRP" set by the board partners. The board partners are the ones who raised the prices.