Setting up a remote server for Pi signage to multiple locations

I'm working on implementing digital signage across a few locations. I'd like to be able to control the displayed signage for multiple locations from a single host server using Raspberry PI 4 model B's. What would the implementation process through the github link look like? Is it even possible to control multiple (50+) Raspberry Pis from 1 server?

The git hub link for the Server setup is linked below. I'm new to linux and could definitely use some pointers if anyone can point me in the right direction or offer some wisdom related to setup.

https://github.com/colloqi/pisignage-server

Just reading the headline I had images of some bandana’d teen tagging walls with mathematical symbology.  

This sounds like potentially kind of a big mess. Pi4 at least when I last heard had only it’s own specific implementation of Linux available and it was supposed to be a bit… special.  What you describe sounds possible in general, but I don’t know if it can be done on pi’s version or not.  People like to set up wolfram clusters with pi’s so my suspicion is yes but I have no data.  The distro the server is running might have to have specific versions of some apps though.  I don’t know.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 1 year later...

Just putting this here so nobody else is misinformed by useless info.

The PiSignage server as mentioned by OP works quite well with both their hosted open-source server.

Personally, I have used both and switched over to open source for my use case.

My 10 screens have been running as store signage since 2018.

5 years of uptime is very far from a mess