1070ti capable of 3 27" monitors at 144hz?

JJRHOD
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Displaying sure. Gaming I think you can forget about that. Unless you really lower the settings. As this is about a 40% higher res than 4k and a 1070 is a 4k med low 60fps card nowadays. You didn't specify the game but newer racing games will probably even with lowest settings not hit 120 at all at that res.

If you really want immersion why not simply get a simple vr headset?

I am in to racing simulators and other games and am looking to run a triple monitor setup. Currently have 1 1440p 27" monitor @144hz, another 27" 1280p at 120hz, and another 27"hz 1080p at 60hz. Im looking to up my total overall resolution so that the game runs at 1440p x 7680p and ideally somewhere near 120hz. Is this possible or will the graphics card not be able to handle the load?

PC specs: 

i7-8700k @ base clock

Memory: 32
GB ddr4, @ 2200 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070ti

2 through DisplayPort and 1 through HDMI would probably work for that.

Although a 1070Ti in itself is a bit weak for even a single 1440p 120/144Hz in a lot of games.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Displaying sure. Gaming I think you can forget about that. Unless you really lower the settings. As this is about a 40% higher res than 4k and a 1070 is a 4k med low 60fps card nowadays. You didn't specify the game but newer racing games will probably even with lowest settings not hit 120 at all at that res.

Just now, jaslion said:

Specifically, Assetto Corsa Competizione and F1 game franchise. ACC supports VR but no support for F1 which is why i was leaning towards the triple monitor. I thought 1440p was 2k? 

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

2 through DisplayPort and 1 through HDMI would probably work for that.

Although a 1070Ti in itself is a bit weak for even a single 1440p 120/144Hz in a lot of games.

what card level would be required for the minimal performance? a 20 or 30 series card? if they are ever to be found.....

Just now, JJRHOD said:

Specifically, Assetto Corsa Competizione and F1 game franchise. ACC supports VR but no support for F1 which is why i was leaning towards the triple monitor. I thought 1440p was 2k? 

You can play non vr games in vr by projecting them as a big screen in front of you.

Yes a single 1440p monitor is "2k" but 3 of them is 11.5 mil pixels compared to a 4k screens 8.5mil. So a pretty massive increase.

1 minute ago, JJRHOD said:

what card level would be required for the minimal performance? a 20 or 30 series card? if they are ever to be found.....

It greatly depends on which games and simulators you play. To get the most benefit out of a high refresh rate display, you'll need a framerate that's virtually always above 75.

A single 1070Ti won't do that in the most modern games without dropping visual quality.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, JJRHOD said:

Did some looking up and at medium details you can get around 55fps with a 2080 super with low details at that res in the Corsa game. So yeah going to need a beefy card.

It will work but don't expect anything over 100 fps. This card was more of a 1440p 60fps beast. Normal-High Settings.

The geek himself.