Is my CPU overheating ?

Go to solution Solved by AndreiArgeanu,

x

I recently bought an HP Omen 15 a few months back (basically in Feb-March this year) and it has a Ryzen 5 4600H. And where I am at rn, gets quite a bit hot with room temperatures going upto 30-31 degrees celsius. And in the afternoon outside temps can go to 40 degrees celsius casually. So initially I had doubts that my CPU might be overheating, and today I checked the temps. It (CPU Temp) was around 60 degrees celsius with just the fan on in the room and 50 degrees celsius with the air conditioning on and NOTE : I wasn't doing any heavy task, just watching YT. so is this normal behavior ? Do I need to get something fixed with this machine ? cause If so, I can get it done its still under warranty

It's fine, with Ryzen you normally don't have to worry about it until it's hitting around 85-90c under load (Not at idle).

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

50-60c is fine in a laptop.

Tho to really see you have to look at the temp when it's under more heavy load to see if it's "overheating".

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 minutes ago, Mihle said:

50-60c is fine in a laptop.

Tho to really see you have to look at the temp when it's under more heavy load to see if it's "overheating".

Before the summer season hit hard, and when like the room is properly cooled. I get around 67 degrees under heavy load

That's completely fine.  I have currently 11 tabs opened in chrome, listening to some music on yt and working in google sheets so it's not doing some heavy work.
I have this laptop since 2016 and changed thermal paste few weeks ago for the first time. CPU temperature was going up to 89 degrees while playing Overwatch so I decided to change thermal paste and now I'm hitting no more than 80 degrees.

Capture.PNG