Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RAM ISSUES!! (i guess) or possible faulty ram slot :(

I bought a laptop with a 8 gigs of DDR4 3200 MHZ RAM (Product no: 8ATF1G64HZ-3G2J1). In order to upgrade it to 16, I bought a new ram stick of 2666 MHZ (Product no: CB8GS2666.C8JT) (due to low budget) and installed it. The combination worked well for almost a month but all of the sudden apps and games started crashing on my laptop and for the next step i'm facing frequent BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Initially i thought its something because of faulty drivers or corrupted windows files, so i did scannow/r in cmd. All windows files are fine. And in one BSOD screen the error code was termed "memory management", so i did memory diagnosis and it said no issues were found for the first time followed by a BSOD interrupting the process. I removed the new 8 GB module and booted the pc its working fine. so i swaped the old 8gb one with the new one, it works fine.

Then i changed the slot of the installed ram to the 2nd slot, no issues were found but when i keep them together im facing BSOD and app crashes. Im pretty confused what the problem actually is. Is it because of huge gap in latencies of RAM chips or a faulty ram slot or a software issue.

any input is appreciated.