corsair ax1600i running a week 3.3 volt is at 3.216 should i send it back?

Cubicals

my new corsair ax1600i power supply has been running about a week and is at 3.216 v  

on 3.3 v rail should i be concerned ?

12v is a perfect 12.000 it never moves that i expected from this  new type of power supply it better not

5v is 4.920

at idle and under load

it even said that on a power supply tester

the same thing happened on my last power supply twice after RMA  and it started causing issues with the pci express cards so i went with the big boy quality ax1600i another brand entirely.. not again.

is it because i have been lowering the cpu voltages with vcore offset?

Screenshot_93.jpg

Edited by Cubicals

ATX12V standard allows 5% variation in 3.3V rail voltage, so +3.135 V to +3.465 V. 3.216V is fine.

Not related to Vcore, that is step down from the 12V rail.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

The motherboard voltage sensors are useless. If you want random numbers, you could also try random.org. The AX1600i also has voltage readings available through Corsair iCue, and those should be somewhat useful. Try those instead.

:)

Such a small difference would not hurt anything.

AX1600i is a digital PSU that can read the output voltages. Install Corsair Link for that.

i installed corsair link on the laptop because it is easier to just plug the power supply into the laptop than use a usb header it passes it self test.

ok well asus probe keeps gave me a 3.3v rail warning once but i guess it is fine and the software is stupid

thanks

13 hours ago, Cubicals said:

my new corsair ax1600i power supply has been running about a week and is at 3.216 v  

on 3.3 v rail should i be concerned ?

Screenshot_93.jpg

First off.... Those are voltage readings at the MOTHERBOARD.  Not the PSU.  The PSU does support voltage monitoring, but you would use either Corsair Link or iCUE or use HWMonitor to read the ACTUAL PSU voltages.

it even said that on a power supply tester

What power supply tester?  How was it tested?

Why not use a digital multimeter if you really want to know the voltages?

the same thing happened on my last power supply twice after RMA  and it started causing issues with the pci express cards so i went with the big boy quality ax1600i another brand entirely.. not again.

What happened on your last power supply?  Why did you RMA it?  They let you RMA it because the motherboard said the +3.3V was low?  What was the problem with the PCIe cards?  Does the new PSU fix these problems which confirms there was actually a PSU problem in the first place?

• 5 weeks later...

the cards/pc was not being powered correctly replacing the power supply fixed the issues every time,.

il tell you about my experience with this horrible power supply and why i stopped buying enerrmax (AKA supposed high end products)

https://www.enermax.com/en/products/maxrevo-1500w

has a 5 year warranty  didnt make it to 3 worked fine for about 2  maybe 3 years it a 1500w gold i expect it to at least live though it 5 years,  i had a enermax galaxy 1000W in the past and it lasted more than 5 years. 

sent it back and i had to pay shipping the repaired  one comes back with a broken fan that makes tons of noise. it was also looking like it was doing the same thing anyway

sent it back

got brand new one in the box used it for 3 years again same problem of not powering the pc correctly  pc cards low again

how did i find out the cards did not get the right power? 

it was a sound card and a raid card i had to spares i tacked down the power supply as the problem by swapping them out. they work fine, they are pci powered so what ever rail is powering those is the problem.  and i was getting warnings about the 3.3v rail and saw it drop all the way to 1.5 or something at the end. it would slowly drop every day a little bit and get worse

everything works fine with a decent power supply that is working.

oh and enermax used to have some really good fans i used to like they now fail every 6 seconds and make horrible squeaking and rattle noises after not that long for a long lifetime fan and they are next to impossible to find too and over priced so i stopped buying those too. they are also the same fans in the psu "twister bearing"

O(oh and the fans had RGB lighting built in with out a controller so you could just click a button on the fan and the lights changed i liked that oh well.

dont buy the enermax revo power supply or the fans unless they stopped sucking and they are good again.

3 hours ago, Cubicals said:

il tell you about my experience with this horrible power supply and why i stopped buying enerrmax

What this has to do with Corsair AX1600i ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply