Want to move my computer to another room while controlling it from the office

theskaz

I think this is a good place to ask this question...

I would like to put my computer in another room (the furnace room with all the servers and networking stuff) and use it in my office (they share a wall). the computer gets super hot and the fans are loud. I am a MS Consultant and need to not have so much background noise, but I love how fast my computer is lol. I have never used thunderbolt, but have the capability, I just dont know what all I need. 

I have 2 monitors, a 4k and an 1440p ultrawide

wireless logitech keyboard and mouse

blue yeti mic

and will need to use usb ports here and there. 

Linus does this and has multiple videos on the topic. Here's the latest. You can probably track the others down from there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

whew... thats expensive. but it seems to fit the bill.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, So I got the cable and a docking station. I got 1 display through but the USB isnt working. Ive reinstalled the TB3 drivers. and still troubleshooting. I have an ASUS Maximus XII Extreme with the OOTB TBT3 card.