Can't install fans due to case incompatible

amdin

Hello,

I have a Corsair Crabide 400R and after upgrading the whole system inside (3070 and 3700) I want to add two fans up top to exhaust hot air outside.

Already bought 2 CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120RGB fans which are pretty cheap but I don't get how I supposed to install it.

In compare to the front facing fans, there is no where for the screw to be screwd so it won't mount and the screws are really not long enough.

Please explain it to me, thanks.

The top of the case has fan mount holes. You just use those.

corsair 400r.jpg

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The top of the case has fan mount holes. You just use those.

corsair 400r.jpg

Yes I know, these are just rubber in a shapr of holes and the screw I got with the fans does not reach the fan because of these rubber things.

Also, I'm not sure if I can count on these rubber holes to hold a fan "in action"

And also, these holes (not the rubber ones) have really big diameter

4 minutes ago, amdin said:

Yes I know, these are just rubber in a shapr of holes and the screw I got with the fans does not reach the fan because of these rubber things.

Also, I'm not sure if I can count on these rubber holes to hold a fan "in action"

Use the screws that came with the case. 😉

If thats not an option, i would suggest try and complaining at Corsairs customer service they might just help you out. They can be quite awesome.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, amdin said:

the rubber is just anti vibration stuff. what weird short-ass screws did you get that it can't get through a thin piece of rubber?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Use the screws that came with the case. 😉

If thats not an option, i would suggest try and complaining at Corsairs customer service they might just help you out. They can be quite awesome.

I have all screws came with the case from years ago but nothing is fit for the job hahaha, and trust me, I was working on it for hours.

I think to buy something off AliExpress because I not fron the US so Corsair won't help me probably

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

the rubber is just anti vibration stuff. what weird short-ass screws did you get that it can't get through a thin piece of rubber?

Just a regular really really show screws I guess

FoundFound this unboxing video, it the same screws, the problem is that:

- Without rubber anti-vibration the screws are not enough in diameter.

- With rubber anti-vibration the screws are not enough in length

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, amdin said:

FoundFound this unboxing video, it the same screws, the problem is that:

- Without rubber anti-vibration the screws are not enough in diameter.

- With rubber anti-vibration the screws are not enough in length

Those are the normal fan screws. You say the diameter is not enough, what do you mean by that? By just eyeing the pic of the case, the holes for 140mm fans are normal, so diameter of those holes and the diameter of fan screws should not be issue. The "hat" of the fan is still wide enough to be secure.

Can you perhaps post picture of your issue?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Looks like your case takes 140mm fans, but you bought 120mm fans, which are a little bit smaller. Don't worry, I've done the same. I have a Pure Base 500DX case which takes 140mm fans, and I have 2 AIO coolers mounted inside the case, one is 140mm, and one is 120mm, and for the smaller 120mm AIO fans, I also just screwed them down using the grill holes in the top of my case, just like you did lol. It's works the same, no difference, as long as everything is secure.

So yeah, check those little rubber holes and see if you can remove the rubber covers, because if you can and they're actual screw holes, which I think they are, then you can actually return your 120mm fans and get slightly bigger 140mm ones which will give a little better airflow too and will just aesthetically fit your case better.

Ok this is being overcomplicated I think, just pull the little rubber dampers out and then you can use the screws that came with your fans, problem solved.

Have used a couple of these type Corsair cases...the rubber grommets are a great idea...but you need the special Corsair supplied oversized fan retention screws...they are slightly longer and have a bigger diameter in the head of the screw...so they don't "fall" through the top of the case...