Are GPU prices slowly stabilizing and decreasing?

Exeon

I try and keep track of this.

But in the past weeks I've started to see prices for both AMD and Nvidia cards drop.

Mind you prices on websites are still sky high, but scalpers seems to be dropping their prices.

The 6800 XT has gone down to 1200€

The 6900 XT has gone down to 1450€ 

The 3080 has gone down from nearly 2000€ to 1400€

The 3080Ti is being sold for 1800€.

These prices are still skyhigh but with the lockdown ending and the summer starting I believe demand is lowering.

I've also heard people are starting to cancel their orders here, I think many people have less time to game and are now having second thoughts about such purchases.

I'm wondering if others are seeing similar trends locally.

I'm looking for 3080s and 3080Ti's right now and gonna buy whatever I get first at ~MSRP.

Anyway I was looking over the past few days on different shops in central Europe and on alternate.de a fairly large e-tailer for PC parts I noticed something:

When the 3080ti launched the MSI Suprim X 3080ti was about 2700€ (which was the highest price for a 3080ti on that site I think).

After a few days that price was crossed out and a new price was advertised around 2200€ including a tag which read "-20%" or so.

Right now that "price drop" isn't visible at all anymore and the "normal" price is 2250€.

During all that it was in stock and still is which got me thinking and I came to a similar conclusion.

It looks like they didn't sell any for that price which made them fake a discount and that still didn't got them what they hoped for.

Which is now why they just changed the normal price to something lower.

I don't know if it was just that one GPU or if other GPU prices also got dropped (I'm only looking for specific models) but I will also keep an eye on that.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

The so called "MSRP" is a joke for this generation of graphics cards. So as some people mentioned in the forum, we must accept the fact that it is highly likely that we will not be able to get this generation graphics cards at their so called "MSRP".

Yes, I feel the price is getting stabilized BUT we still need to pay much more to get this generation graphics cards.

Here in Japan availability is starting to improve. It is now possible to buy almost any card released in the past 6 months (even 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti) albeit at higher prices than MSRP. Things are slowly starting to improve I think with the lockdowns ending and stock levels improving. There also seems to be more second hand cards coming on to the market maybe because of the decrease in  Bitcoin prices. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G