Corsair RM850 Strange Sound

Hello everyone, have a good day, I recently bought a corsair rm850 power supply from Amazon Germany. I also tested with AIDA64 and OCCT on my system. I don't have any problem. But every time I turn the system on or off, a tick/click sound or a fuse sound comes out from the power supply. Is this sound normal? Thanks. 

Youtube Video

22 minutes ago, Gokhan Yildiz said:

But every time I turn the system on or off, a tick/click sound or a fuse sound comes out from the power supply. Is this sound normal? Thanks. 

Youtube Video

The sound of the relay. This is very normal😃

8 hours ago, Gokhan Yildiz said:

Hello everyone, have a good day, I recently bought a corsair rm850 power supply from Amazon Germany. I also tested with AIDA64 and OCCT on my system. I don't have any problem. But every time I turn the system on or off, a tick/click sound or a fuse sound comes out from the power supply. Is this sound normal? Thanks. 

Youtube Video

This is asked about three or four times a day.  😄

Yes.  A "click" when you power off/on is normal.

17 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

This is asked about three or four times a day.  😄

Might worth to put a sticker with a note in all caps on the PSU 'THE CLICK ON STARTUP AND SHUTDOWN IS NORMAL, IT'S A RELAY', similar to semi-fanless operation stickers.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

36 minutes ago, Juular said:

similar to semi-fanless operation stickers.

People don't read those either.  LITERALLY just saw a "negative review" the other day where the customer said, "arrived with dead fan".

On 6/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, jonnyGURU said:

People don't read those either.  LITERALLY just saw a "negative review" the other day where the customer said, "arrived with dead fan".

If you put a removable sticker on the actual PSU case in a bright color, people would be much less likely to overlook it.

10 minutes ago, Quartz11 said:

If you put a removable sticker on the actual PSU case in a bright color, people would be much less likely to overlook it.

The sticker is literally on the PSU case covering the AC inlet and requires the user to remove it to plug in the PSU..... and they STILL don't read it.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:49 AM, jonnyGURU said:

The sticker is literally on the PSU case covering the AC inlet and requires the user to remove it to plug in the PSU..... and they STILL don't read it.

Put several stickers one under another ...

"Fan not working under <50% load and clicks on startup and shutdowns aren't issues"

"Read previous note please"

"No, really, don't RMA this PSU just because it clicks or the fan doesn't spin under low load"

"Okay, this sticker is the last one, please make sure to read previous ones"

"JK, THIS is the last one, clicks and fan not always spinning are fine, you must be legally blind if you still don't get it, we're done here"

And then a plug in the AC receptacle with a handle which you pull to remove the plug but it spits out a confetti first with words "RTFM" on them.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

33 minutes ago, Juular said:

Put several stickers one under another ...

"Fan not working under <50% load and clicks on startup and shutdowns aren't issues"

"Read previous note please"

"No, really, don't RMA this PSU just because it clicks or the fan doesn't spin under low load"

"Okay, this sticker is the last one, please make sure to read previous ones"

"JK, THIS is the last one, clicks and fan not always spinning are fine, you must be legally blind if you still don't get it, we're done here"

And then a plug in the AC receptacle with a handle which you pull to remove the plug but it spits out a confetti first with words "RTFM" on them.

I think no matter what they do, they won't read it and take it off right away.

Maybe they post a negative review of "Why are there so many of these damn annoying stickers?" 😃

1 hour ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

Maybe they post a negative review of "Why are there so many of these damn annoying stickers?" 😃

Probably.  One person, the other day, posted a negative review not because they didn't like the product, but because Best Buy sent them a follow up email reminding them to review their product.

"Best Buy spammed me to leave this review.  One star."