Maxsun RX580 BIOS tracking

MrJunjun

I've been experiencing crashes with my Maxsun RX580 recently. I think it might the custom BIOS that was put into it before I bought the card off some miner. 
Every time I start up windows, the display driver crashes. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and that didn't do anything. Contacting the seller is a lost cause.
Looked through Maxsun's website and I didn't find anything. Same with VGA Bios collection.

I'm hoping someone here might have the original bios.

gpuz.jpg

looks like it's running a sapphire BIOS by the revision number?

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191262/sapphire-rx580-8192-170320
might just have to do a clean install of drivers. 
the GPU BIOS is probably fine. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Go on techpowerup bios collection and get any bios that supports the Hynix memory chips you have on the video card, and same capacity. 

It should work.  It looks like they overclocked the memory to 1980 Mhz - i think it's supposed to be 1750 Mhz. And the gpu clock is a bit low, the default is probably in the 1200 range but I'm not sure.. 

Maybe pick one of the more standard models just in case some of the cards with oc or turbo or 3 fans have higher power limits and fan curves / temperature thresholds, which your card may not agree with. Get a bios from a more conservative card which will keep the card cooler. 

Solved
Turns out finding a VBIOS for my card; Maxsun RX 580 is quite difficult. VBIOS from other vendors such as Sapphire and xfx doesn't work since the sub id and vendor id doesn't match. Took a risk and tried an unverified vbios and that worked. No more crashes when I start up windows and now my core and mem clock are back to "stock".

Unverified VBIOS:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/222241/222241

Screenshot 2021-06-11 223049.jpg