Switch Pro Release?

Purpleswans

I know the Nintendo Switch Pro is just a rumor based on leaks, but is something like it actually coming? I heard they were supposed to come out last Thursday, then last Friday... but now it looks like we won't hear anything about it until the end of E3 if at all.

I don't have a Nintendo Switch right now and have been holding off on getting one until the Pro version comes out, but if it's not coming I'm going to feel really stupid.

1 hour ago, Purpleswans said:

I know the Nintendo Switch Pro is just a rumor based on leaks, but is something like it actually coming?

Since the original Switch is essentially just a highly customized nVidia Tegra X1 tablet, I would guess a new version is coming sometime, but only Nintendo will officially know if and when. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 6/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, Purpleswans said:

I know the Nintendo Switch Pro is just a rumor based on leaks, but is something like it actually coming? I heard they were supposed to come out last Thursday, then last Friday... but now it looks like we won't hear anything about it until the end of E3 if at all.

I don't have a Nintendo Switch right now and have been holding off on getting one until the Pro version comes out, but if it's not coming I'm going to feel really stupid.

Well.... Nvidia stopped having the Tegra Chip thats in the current Switch produced. So. A lot of people are speculating that Nintendo has a new console in bound. Nintendo does its own thing around E3 time, so you will have to wait for their event and watch it to find out. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Kurotan said:

but I'd expect it during Holiday season at earliest.

If it was coming during the Holiday Season Nintendo would have announced it. The fact they didnt leads me to believe that they might be waiting on the supply chain to get more back to normal. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:08 AM, Purpleswans said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet so we're jist speculating.

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, looks like it IS real under the name "Nintendo Switch (OLED model)" and it will be here October 8th. Not as big spec improvement as we heard, but maybe that means there won't be as much competition to preorder before they run out. 

On that note, does anybody know a website, notification, or other communication I can use to track down when preorders are available? I've heard horror stories about the PS5 debacle.