Weird compatibility issue?

craptastic95

So I recently purchased a Elgato Wave 3 usb mic. When I plugged it in for the first time it didn't work right. I had it plugged in with the connected cable, going from the mic's Usb-C to my PC's USB type A plug. I decided to try plugging it into the front panel usb-c on my case and that seemed to work. Digging into it further, I unplugged all my usb connected devices and tried only plugging in the mic with the original supplied cable, and the mic works flawlessly. However, after plugging things back in, my keyboard (Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM XT) would stop working. For some reason I cannot have my Keyboard and this Elgato mic plugged in at the same time, unless I use my front panel USB-C connector. Any ideas why? Could they just need to be using a different USB controller or something?

Its possible the keyboard and elgato pull too much current however generally you would think windows would throw up an overpower warning.

USB can be fishy =)

Grab a USB C to A cord with a 56k ohm resistor in it and see if that alleviates the issue.

(something like this https://www.amazon.com/USB-C-Charger-Cable-Pull-up-Resistor/dp/B072JCL7JC/ )

Edit: Or grab a higher current capable USB Type C PCIE card and plug in the aux power, probably the best longterm solution.

3 hours ago, Bigman397 said:

Its possible the keyboard and elgato pull too much current however generally you would think windows would throw up an overpower warning.

USB can be fishy =)

Grab a USB C to A cord with a 56k ohm resistor in it and see if that alleviates the issue.

(something like this https://www.amazon.com/USB-C-Charger-Cable-Pull-up-Resistor/dp/B072JCL7JC/ )

Edit: Or grab a higher current capable USB Type C PCIE card and plug in the aux power, probably the best longterm solution.

I can try it, but I really don't think its a power thing.