CPU reaches temps of 95°C, other times it's perfectly fine

As stated in the title, my CPU will reach high temperatures, 80-95°C. Both CAM and Windows warn me of this.

Though after rebooting the computer once or twice, the CPU temp will remain at a nice 36°C. 

Games, any software etc. are not the cause of the high temps. I'll only be on YouTube or have literally nothing open at the time, and my CPU will still freak out.

I've had the thermal paste replaced, cleaned the fans and cooler, readjusted parts and wires, I'm not sure what else to do. I don't see anything physically wrong. I have also updated Bios to the latest format. 

My only thought is maybe I need to replace the cooler? Either that or it's a motherboard issue. 

Please keep in mind I am not super familiar with PCs and the like, so try to be a bit more specific and avoid abbreviations and shortened terms. Thank you in advance. 👽

Specs and operating system below:

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI-CF
  • RAM
    Corsair 16GB DDR4
  • GPU
    Radeon RX 580 Series
  • Case
    NZXT H400
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
  • PSU
    EVGA 650 B3, 80+ BRONZE 650W
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
  • Operating System
  • Windows 10 64 Bit

3 minutes ago, willgraham said:

As stated in the title, my CPU will reach high temperatures, 80-95°C. Both CAM and Windows warn me of this.

Though after rebooting the computer once or twice, the CPU temp will remain at a nice 36°C. 

I have had the thermal paste replaced, cleaned the fans and cooler, readjusted parts and wires, I'm not sure what else to do. I don't see anything physically wrong. I have also updated Bios to the latest format. 

My only thought is maybe I need to replace the cooler? Either that or it's a motherboard issue. 

Please keep in mind I am not super familiar with PCs and the like, so try to be a bit more specific and avoid abbreviations and shortened terms. Thank you in advance. 👽

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair 16GB DDR4
  • GPU
    Radeon RX 580 Series
  • Case
    NZXT H400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
  • Operating System
  • Windows 10 64 Bit

What are you doing when it hits those high temps. Are you running a program or just idling in the windows home screen?

4 minutes ago, willgraham said:

I have had the thermal paste replaced, cleaned the fans and cooler, readjusted parts and wires, I'm not sure what else to do. I don't see anything physically wrong. I have also updated Bios to the latest format. 

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair 16GB DDR4
  • GPU
    Radeon RX 580 Series
  • Case
    NZXT H400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
  • Operating System
  • Windows 10 64 Bit

If your processor came with a stock cooler, I would try using that for a while and seeing how the computer behaves. If everything is working as it should, could be a problem with the pump of the AIO not operating properly. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

9 minutes ago, JohnDeereBro said:

What are you doing when it hits those high temps. Are you running a program or just idling in the windows home screen?

Just idling on the home screen. 

10 minutes ago, Analog said:

If your processor came with a stock cooler, I would try using that for a while and seeing how the computer behaves. If everything is working as it should, could be a problem with the pump of the AIO not operating properly. 

It sadly did not come with a stock cooler; though that is my suspicion. I'll probably look into getting a cooler replacement. 

Would you typically recommend water or regular coolers? 

1 minute ago, willgraham said:

It sadly did not come with a stock cooler; though that is my suspicion. I'll probably look into getting a cooler replacement. 

Would you typically recommend water or regular coolers? 

I personally like the look of an AIO or custom loop, but you always risk having something fail, as there are more components. If you are looking for reliability, a nice tower cooler would be the way to go. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

15 minutes ago, Analog said:

I personally like the look of an AIO or custom loop, but you always risk having something fail, as there are more components. If you are looking for reliability, a nice tower cooler would be the way to go. 

Gotcha. I appreciate the insight 👍