What is going on with intel? TLDR: Intel takes RMA, loses it, and then closes ticket.

I had a Intel 660p Series SSD fail within a year of getting it, I RMA'd it to Intel and they proceed to lose it, run me in circles for weeks, ask for proof of purchase multiple times, and then close my RMA request with a "Your SWR case has been canceled as Intel has not received your product within the required 60-day period. If you still wish to return your product(s), please request a new case. Thank you..". Is this how Intel treats its customers now?

Intel Pic 2.PNG

Intel pic 3.PNG

Intel pic 1.PNG

Comp Specs: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD 1 : Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2  ||  SSD 2: Crucial P1 2TB NVMe M.2 ||  GPU: ZOTAC RTX 3080ti AMP Extreme Holo  ||  PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-850  ||  Case: Fractal Design Define 7 XL  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT  ||  Monitor: LG UltraGear 32GN63T & MSI Optix G271 (x2)

I really do hate when this happens, and the only thing you can do is send regular emails and phone calls until they acknowledge you. It must be clear from the emails you have that the item was carelessly lost, but sadly nobody on Intel's support side would ever look at a collation of your correspondence and come to the right conclusion, so your only choice is indignance and making demands.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I have already replied to the emails and submitted another RMA request, hopefully it works but I also wanted to raise awareness of this stuff. Too often this kind of thing get swept under the rug.

Comp Specs: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD 1 : Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2  ||  SSD 2: Crucial P1 2TB NVMe M.2 ||  GPU: ZOTAC RTX 3080ti AMP Extreme Holo  ||  PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-850  ||  Case: Fractal Design Define 7 XL  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT  ||  Monitor: LG UltraGear 32GN63T & MSI Optix G271 (x2)

Sounds like what I had to deal with ASUS 10 years ago with a motherboard 🤣

For your issue if you have the UPS tracking number and paid for the SSD on a credit card try getting your money back on it if you have that ability. Else contact UPS to find out what happened to the package, then go back to Intel with everything you have against them esp if they got the package.

I treat RMAs like MiRs now, a waste of time unless it's a stupidly expensive item that can't be fixed locally and is worth mailing in.

Also as mentioned above no one (I mean no one) reads your quoted replies, so you have to act like you are beating a dead horse...

Not sure if that will be needed. The tech in emails and chats admitted the SSD was showed as delivered by UPS and that it was lost in the shipping/receiving department.They had escalated it with UPS and UPS confirmed it was delivered. ON the Asus note, I also have to send back my Asus Crosshair VIII X570 Dark Hero motherboard and I had issues with that also, but unlike Intel, the tech called me and had to reissue the RMA and gave me free expedited shipping for my troubles. overall Asus has impressed me.

Comp Specs: 

19 minutes ago, DrNaughtyhandz said:

I had a Intel 660p Series SSD fail within a year of getting it, I RMA'd it to Intel and they proceed to lose it, run me in circles for weeks, ask for proof of purchase multiple times, and then close my RMA request with a "Your SWR case has been canceled as Intel has not received your product within the required 60-day period. If you still wish to return your product(s), please request a new case. Thank you..". Is this how Intel treats its customers now?Intel_1.pdf

Intel_2.pdf 512.9 kB · 2 downloads

You might wanna remve that file, you can copy paste what you blacked out

5 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

You might wanna remve that file, you can copy paste what you blacked out

Okie dokie.

Comp Specs: 

2 minutes ago, DrNaughtyhandz said:

Not sure if that will be needed. The tech in emails and chats admitted the SSD was showed as delivered by UPS and that it was lost in the shipping/receiving department.They had escalated it with UPS and UPS confirmed it was delivered.

This is why I ship things in big enough boxes 😜 Jokes aside (not really, Amazon hates me for some of my returns I've done I bet) I likely know what happened, someone put your RMA somewhere and lost it in the department before it successfully got sent to the RMA department, or it got sent to a different department instead and never got recorded going to said place. It could also very well be sitting in the RMA department but under a bunch of yet to do's or in a bin full of unknown items that the receivers keep sending them.

Worst case someone stole your item, no idea why they would if it doesn't work, but as long as it happened in their possession they are liable for it.

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

This is why I ship things in big enough boxes 😜 Jokes aside (not really, Amazon hates me for some of my returns I've done I bet) I likely know what happened, someone put your RMA somewhere and lost it in the department before it successfully got sent to the RMA department, or it got sent to a different department instead and never got recorded going to said place. It could also very well be sitting in the RMA department but under a bunch of yet to do's or in a bin full of unknown items that the receivers keep sending them.

Worst case someone stole your item, no idea why they would if it doesn't work, but as long as it happened in their possession they are liable for it.

My thought exactly, I have replaced PDF's with pictures for your browsing pleasure.

Comp Specs: 

Yeah sucks to hear. You can't really do anything at this point except E-Mail and Call them. I mean they still make great Products such as Thunderbolt and the WiFi Chipsets but I personally wouldn't buy a SSD or CPU from them anymore. So it's really a shame that their RMA process doesn't work to it's fullest and treat Customers as if they weren't important to them is what it almost feels like here. They'll for sure only lose Customers if they won't fix their Systems. Seeing Intel on this downward momentum won't be good for the Company in the long run.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

22 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Yeah sucks to hear. You can't really do anything at this point except E-Mail and Call them. I mean they still make great Products such as Thunderbolt and the WiFi Chipsets but I personally wouldn't buy a SSD or CPU from them anymore. So it's really a shame that their RMA process doesn't work to it's fullest and treat Customers as if they weren't important to them is what it almost feels like here. They'll for sure only lose Customers if they won't fix their Systems. Seeing Intel on this downward momentum won't be good for the Company in the long run.

It is truly unfortunate, it makes it even more aggravating they they just closed it and have not responded. Make me think that it will go away, but I am hoping this will reach someone at Intel that can help rectify this issue.

Comp Specs: 

I'm surprised, but not really too surprised that Intel was capable of these kind of shenanigans.  They need to make this right.

6 hours ago, jcy said:

I'm surprised, but not really too surprised that Intel was capable of these kind of shenanigans.  They need to make this right.

That is what I am hoping, a couple of people over on reddit say they work at Intel and are going to see who they can ping to find out what is going on.

Comp Specs: 

I have the same m2.. Damn its gonna suck if im gonna have to RMA that if this is how they treat people..

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD