Mixing GTX1060 and RX580

Go to solution Solved by Gregry,

There shouldn't be any crashes, if you install correct drivers. Keep in mind, that different PCIe slots have different lane counts, and that can impact performance of a GPU. 

Hello people here,

I have a question, about putting two GPUs in my pc.
I currently have a GTX1060 3G in my pc and a RX580 8G with a broken fan (for what I've already bought a replacement, just takes a while...) that lies around.

My mind plays with the though, to put both GPUs (once the RX is fixed) in my pc.

The RX580 for gaming and general output and the GTX1060 for Blender (OpenCL & OptiX).

Can I do that, without having to expect constant crashes or stuff like that?

There shouldn't be any crashes, if you install correct drivers. Keep in mind, that different PCIe slots have different lane counts, and that can impact performance of a GPU. 

Ok. Thank you. Though, I had to buy a bridge.
Are there special drivers for such occations or are the game-ready driver enough?

About the PCIe slots, its not a huge problem, when the GTX runs slower. It would be still faster than my CPU. 😄

But yeah, I will keep that in mind.

Just a normal drivers, I think. I was planning to mix my 1070 with RX570 but i forgot to do that finally, but my friend made similar setup without any problems 😅