Beginner Builder; Is this an insane 3080 Build that I should go with? I need help deciding if I should Swap Case or Motherboard

Revur

Hey guys really just wondering if this is a good overall build or if anything can be swapped out when it comes to a better case so that there is proper airflow and I don't have to worry about anything overheating.  Also wondering if there is a better motherboard I should go with, price is not an issue I just really want to maximize my 3080.  I do want the case to be white and see a lot of good things when it comes to the Lian-Li 011 when it comes to airflow but I am not sure if I'd need to add more fans or what exactly I should do, the inspo for the build I made is basically a copy paste of this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFcQ37Z1wo&ab_channel=XtianCXtianC

The benchmarks seem insane so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this however some of the comments do worry me a bit. Any help would be appreciated as I am still pretty new when it comes to the actual build process.

Build Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RTdTcT

Graphics card priced at 0 because i own already

Processor priced higher because I included the cost of extra cables in it.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RTdTcT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($802.00) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($249.40 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($212.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($191.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB XC3 GAMING Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.88 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case Fan: NZXT AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2039.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-03 04:26 EDT-0400

1) 5900x? what do you do with your PC?

2) NZXT H510 isnt great for temperatures of components, but if you like the looks then it's fine i guess? you have some high wattage components so do reconsider

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

What will this be used for? Why the set price on the 5900x?

As for your current parts list

The revolution d.f 850w is same price or lower for a higher quality psu the seasonic is totally fine but might as well get the best if it is an option

The h510 SUCKS. Well not really it can barely suck in any air and thus has terrible airflow. Do not get it if you want a cool system and get a mesh from (or in case of the o11 mesh side not obstructed intakes)

Board is good but not the best for the money you are spending cheaper boards are just as good if not better.

No need for a liquid cooler plenty of air coolers can easily handle a 5900x

If you want REALLY good rgb fans for not much money arctic got you covered nice rgb with fans that are as quiet as noctuas and perform like them.

Anything else is no comment because I don't know what you want to do with the system and thus will not make a revise parts list yet.

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

1) 5900x? what do you do with your PC?

2) NZXT H510 isnt great for temperatures of components, but if you like the looks then it's fine i guess? you have some high wattage components so do reconsider

Sorry I thought 5900 would be best, I mainly just game on it, price isnt nessicarrly an issue I just want parts I will not have to upgrade in the future, my main concern is the system getting too hot.

10 minutes ago, Revur said:

my main concern is the system getting too hot

Corsair 4000D or 5000D Airflow @Revur.

3 minutes ago, Revur said:

Sorry I thought 5900 would be best, I mainly just game on it, price isnt nessicarrly an issue I just want parts I will not have to upgrade in the future, my main concern is the system getting too hot.

meh, i would stick to the 5800x if you're just gaming

5900x makes no sense, even in the long term

you'll probably upgrade it by the time games actually use that many cores, imo

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What will this be used for? Why the set price on the 5900x?

As for your current parts list

The revolution d.f 850w is same price or lower for a higher quality psu the seasonic is totally fine but might as well get the best if it is an option

The h510 SUCKS. Well not really it can barely suck in any air and thus has terrible airflow. Do not get it if you want a cool system and get a mesh from (or in case of the o11 mesh side not obstructed intakes)

Board is good but not the best for the money you are spending cheaper boards are just as good if not better.

No need for a liquid cooler plenty of air coolers can easily handle a 5900x

If you want REALLY good rgb fans for not much money arctic got you covered nice rgb with fans that are as quiet as noctuas and perform like them.

Anything else is no comment because I don't know what you want to do with the system and thus will not make a revise parts list yet.

I mainly just game on it, I set the price at that because I included the cost of extra cables in it as well, price isn't necessarily an issue I just want parts I will not have to upgrade in the future, my main concern is the system getting too hot.  Would you mind revising the list with a better case and any extra things I need.  I got the liquid cooler because I really like how it has the screen that shows temp and gifs, so mainly for aesthetic purposes lol, but very helpful info if you could help that'd be awesome

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

meh, i would stick to the 5800x if you're just gaming

5900x makes no sense, even in the long term

you'll probably upgrade it by the time games actually use that many cores, imo

okay I shall do this then thank you for the helpful info

1 minute ago, Revur said:

I mainly just game on it, I set the price at that because I included the cost of extra cables in it as well, price isn't necessarily an issue I just want parts I will not have to upgrade in the future, my main concern is the system getting too hot.  Would you mind revising the list with a better case and any extra things I need.  I got the liquid cooler because I really like how it has the screen that shows temp and gifs, so mainly for aesthetic purposes lol, but very helpful info if you could help that'd be awesome

Sure thing just give me a bit of time.

Just now, jaslion said:

Sure thing just give me a bit of time.

thank you, someone mentioned switching to 5800x because for just gaming nothing more is needed?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QVq2cT

Changed things around a bit.

More ssd storage on a drive plenty fast

Better psu

Lower cpu that is better than the consoles so no sweat for gaming for the entire generation of them

Far better case with some rgb as it seemed you like that

Lowered ram to 16 but if you want get more. Little point in getting white sticks as that will be hard to see anyway.

3 minutes ago, Revur said:

thank you, someone mentioned switching to 5800x because for just gaming nothing more is needed?

Yup just did that in the list.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QVq2cT

Changed things around a bit.

More ssd storage on a drive plenty fast

Better psu

Lower cpu that is better than the consoles so no sweat for gaming for the entire generation of them

Far better case with some rgb as it seemed you like that

Lowered ram to 16 but if you want get more. Little point in getting white sticks as that will be hard to see anyway.

thank you so much man, I don't mean to be repetitive but do you think that if I don't mind spending a bit more I should just get a higher cpu and higher ram as you mentioned, that way even in the far future I would not have to upgrade anything.

2 minutes ago, Revur said:

thank you so much man, I don't mean to be repetitive but do you think that if I don't mind spending a bit more I should just get a higher cpu and higher ram as you mentioned, that way even in the far future I would not have to upgrade anything.

You will eventually have to upgrade. If past data is anything to go by the 5800x will pull you through till the ps5 and xbox get replaced by a higher performance model (as in properly end of life so thing xbox series 2 or ps6).

Ram who knows 16gb is currently plenty and adding in more isn't exactly hard to do but since this is weird and whacky rgb ram you might want to load up now instead of the future when it is hard to find.

As I said at the start you will eventually have to upgrade and the first part to always go is the gpu in terms of need for replacement. Probably in 4-5 years at max you'll get a new one as most people do. That is if you constantly play the newest games but who knows what you'll be doing in 4-5 years.

Storage is often upgraded too in the future as more is needed so that is also a it might happen it might not situation and buying more now just because it can happen isn't a smart idea. The only thing I am fairly certain of is that hdds for AAA games will become a thing of the past and you'll start needing a ssd for them all.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You will eventually have to upgrade. If past data is anything to go by the 5800x will pull you through till the ps5 and xbox get replaced by a higher performance model (as in properly end of life so thing xbox series 2 or ps6).

Ram who knows 16gb is currently plenty and adding in more isn't exactly hard to do but since this is weird and whacky rgb ram you might want to load up now instead of the future when it is hard to find.

As I said at the start you will eventually have to upgrade and the first part to always go is the gpu in terms of need for replacement. Probably in 4-5 years at max you'll get a new one as most people do. That is if you constantly play the newest games but who knows what you'll be doing in 4-5 years.

Storage is often upgraded too in the future as more is needed so that is also a it might happen it might not situation and buying more now just because it can happen isn't a smart idea. The only thing I am fairly certain of is that hdds for AAA games will become a thing of the past and you'll start needing a ssd for them all.

Okay thank you this helped me understand the situation alot better haha!  My last question, I really liked the frames on the video link I originally posted because most of those games are ones that I currently play and get nothing near those, how significantly do you imagine the frames would differ with these parts when compared to the setup that he had

1 minute ago, Revur said:

Okay thank you this helped me understand the situation alot better haha!  My last question, I really liked the frames on the video link I originally posted because most of those games are ones that I currently play and get nothing near those, how significantly do you imagine the frames would differ with these parts when compared to the setup that he had

Shouldn't really differ much if at all. Sure in cpu bound games the 5900x will be a couple % better due to the higher core close but that is it. I actually wouldn't be suprised if you end up outperforming that system slightly as you have a HUGELY better airflow case and they are also injecting all the heat of the cpu in the case and airflow to the gpu thus making it heat up and lowering it's max boosting potential as nvidia stops clocking higher once they hit 83c and will boost as high as they can whilst maintaining in that temp limit.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Shouldn't really differ much if at all. Sure in cpu bound games the 5900x will be a couple % better due to the higher core close but that is it. I actually wouldn't be suprised if you end up outperforming that system slightly as you have a HUGELY better airflow case and they are also injecting all the heat of the cpu in the case and airflow to the gpu thus making it heat up and lowering it's max boosting potential as nvidia stops clocking higher once they hit 83c and will boost as high as they can whilst maintaining in that temp limit.

Amazing, thank you so much for all the help I really appreciate it! Truly! 

7 minutes ago, Revur said:

Amazing, thank you so much for all the help I really appreciate it! Truly! 

Oh and just a fyi mount the rad at the top of the case as exhaust. The rad has to always be at least partially above the pump to prevent air from getting trapped in it and burning it out/causing performance issues.