How much ram do i need?

Hello everyone

Sorry for my bad english

I am new to mining stuff.. i recently upgraded my mining rig because i was earning a really good profit.. i have 4x 1060 6gb and 2x rx 470 4gb.. now before upgrading i was using only 2x rx 470s and they were working absolutely fine.. now yesterday when i was upgrading my mining rig.. i was having alot of issues.. like when i connected 4x 1060 6 gb.. nb miner just give me a msg (out of memory) and then keeps restarting.. i google about that and some peoples solved this problem by increasing virtual memory .. i did that and it randomly works sometime but just for 5-10 minutes then miner restarts automatically.. now i searched a bit more and i think i need to upgrade my ram which is currently 4gb on my old q6600.. but i m pretty sure that having an old quad core like this doesn't effect performance.. but maybe having a little amount of system memory does effect mining. Also i wanted to mention that i have tested all the cards individually and they works absolutely fine.. also i am using nicehash if that helps any of you guyz.. i just wanted to confirm that is it my ram that is not letting me to use these many gpus? Plz help

Sorry for this long post

3 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

Hello everyone

Sorry for my bad english

I am new to mining stuff.. i recently upgraded my mining rig because i was earning a really good profit.. i have 4x 1060 6gb and 2x rx 470 4gb.. now before upgrading i was using only 2x rx 470s and they were working absolutely fine.. now yesterday when i was upgrading my mining rig.. i was having alot of issues.. like when i connected 4x 1060 6 gb.. nb miner just give me a msg (out of memory) and then keeps restarting.. i google about that and some peoples solved this problem by increasing virtual memory .. i did that and it randomly works sometime but just for 5-10 minutes then miner restarts automatically.. now i searched a bit more and i think i need to upgrade my ram which is currently 4gb on my old q6600.. but i m pretty sure that having an old quad core like this doesn't effect performance.. but maybe having a little amount of system memory does effect mining. Also i wanted to mention that i have tested all the cards individually and they works absolutely fine.. also i am using nicehash if that helps any of you guyz.. i just wanted to confirm that is it my ram that is not letting me to use these many gpus? Plz help

Sorry for this long post

you need at least 8gb single or dual channel , the gpus you have r similar 2 mine , rx550 that i use for mining.

i5-9400f

corsair 16gb (2x8) kit + 4x1 gb microsoft stick both 2666

asrock b350m pro4 lga 1151 

intel ax-210 wifi card

msi rx 580 8gb 

nzxt h510 airflow case white

650w thermaltake gold

512gb nvme 

1tb wd blue

1tb seagate external

1 minute ago, LTT_fanboy said:

you need at least 8gb single or dual channel , the gpus you have r similar 2 mine , rx550 that i use for mining.

Ok i am going to try it with my gaming system tomorrow that has 16gb ram.. maybe that can confirm it.

• 3 weeks later...

4gb of ram is fine. we are running 8 GPU in our rig with only 4gb of system ram and a shitty pentium dual core processor. whats more important is to set your virtual memory higher i think for 8 graphics cards we needed to set it to 8gb per card so same as the vram. so 64gb of virtual memory before it worked. i think we gave a little more to be on the safe side. if your wondering we are using 2x RX480, 2x RX580, 2x RX5700, 1x RX5700xt, 1x GTX1080 all 8gb models.