Should I Wait Until After I Move to Build My PC?

Context - I was finally able (after an 8 month wait) to obtain a 3080 from EVGA's queue. I now have all of the parts that I need to build my new, water-cooled PC. The problem is that there is a strong chance that I will be moving states in the next couple of months. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but should I just wait until I have made the move to build my PC? I'm mainly worried about dangers posed to the PC by the moving process. 

This will be my first build, so I'm just kind of nervous about it. Input appreciated. 

EDIT - Additionally, if you think I should go ahead and build, any advice on prepping the PC for moving would be very appreciated. Thanks so much everyone.

(Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this. It seemed like the closest match when I was looking.)

If you wanted to build now, you'd probably be fine moving the PC. Just keep the GPU's box so you can take it out of your PC and put it in that for the move. You might also want to stabilize your CPU cooler depending on how big it is. Otherwise, it should hold up fine as long as you put it somewhere that it won't move around or get shaken much. You could even keep the box for your case and put your PC in that so you have the foam inserts to protect it.

Edit: Just noticed this is a water-cooled build, and that would definitely complicate things. See about using the stock cooler that comes with your CPU (if it does come with one) for now, and then assemble the water cooling after the move. Good catch by @tkitch

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

If you have Air COolers for everything?  Build it now, and run Air COoled.

Keep the box for the GPU.

Pack the GPU in the box for moving, and remove the HSF from the CPU.

Build the full watercooling setup after you move, so you don't have to drain, disassemble, etc. 

24 minutes ago, BigShizzle said:

Context - I was finally able (after an 8 month wait) to obtain a 3080 from EVGA's queue. I now have all of the parts that I need to build my new, water-cooled PC. The problem is that there is a strong chance that I will be moving states in the next couple of months. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but should I just wait until I have made the move to build my PC? I'm mainly worried about dangers posed to the PC by the moving process. 

This will be my first build, so I'm just kind of nervous about it. Input appreciated. 

EDIT - Additionally, if you think I should go ahead and build, any advice on prepping the PC for moving would be very appreciated. Thanks so much everyone.

(Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this. It seemed like the closest match when I was looking.)

I moved my computer 3-4 times several times across Europe with no issues whatsoever. What will recommend is to keep the box of the case and put the computer in that box in order to avoid anything scratching it if you want to keep it looking pristine (if you care about that sort of thing). If you are getting a nice new monitor, keep its box and packing material as well. 😉 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I don't believe my CPU came with a cooler, but I'll look into that option and possibly wait on the watercooling until later. I haven't taken anything out of the boxes yet, so I still have all of that available to me for safe transport. Appreciate it!