Pour one out for Intel/NVIDIA…

When was the last time a FULLY AMD laptop could compete with the best Intel/Nvidia could muster? Um… never?
Gaming notebooks may never be the same…

Buy ASUS ROG Strix G15 Laptop (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/LtaOmY7

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Pretty late upload today, I'm sure a lot of people are thanking you for uploading at this time though!

3 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Pretty late upload today, I'm sure a lot of people are thanking you for uploading at this time though!

I have school at 7am tmr and I have finals soon wdym???????!!!!!!!!!!

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, GabenJr said:

When was the last time a FULLY AMD laptop could compete with the best Intel/Nvidia could muster? Um… never?
Gaming notebooks may never be the same…

Buy ASUS ROG Strix G15 Laptop (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/LtaOmY7

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Dang your right gotta check this out.

I clicked on the video thinking it was going to be about the AMD computex presentation and then stopped watching the laptop review.

What about Linux performance? Since Nvidia's Linux drivers still have issues with suspending, a Radeon based laptop might be quite competitive.

Dave Lee's channel says price for the AMD GPU laptop is $1650. Wouldn't a laptop with a 3070 and not a 3080 be a better comparison for about the same price?

Still no battery life benchmarks and no price comparisons. A Strix G17 with an RTX 3070 and a 5800H go for 1800$ while the price of the G15 with an 6800M and 5900HX is 1650$, at least according to Dave Lee.

While the performance comparison is on point there was no mention of the price of the laptops. 

If the AMD laptops are coming in significantly cheaper then that shouldn't that have been mentioned ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 7:51 AM, flindeberg said:

What about Linux performance? Since Nvidia's Linux drivers still have issues with suspending, a Radeon based laptop might be quite competitive.

Chances are, you're not buying a $2000+ dedicated gaming laptop to install Linux, at least not exclusively. I play on Linux myself but I only play a handful of titles running on Linux natively.