Planning my first build, how is it looking?

About $1000 USD budget

I didn't add a graphics card into the list because of the shortage that's going on, but added all the other parts I need. I already have an ssd I can use. This will be my first build once I save up enough money to build it and graphics cards stock becomes normal. (hopefully) I'm not really sure about the parts that I've picked so I've come here to get some advice and suggestions on things I should change!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q2yZTJ

12 minutes ago, werdna814 said:

This will be my first build once I save up enough money to build it and graphics cards stock becomes normal.

You should probably ask for advice when you're ready to purchase components, as future availability is not guaranteed.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

9 minutes ago, werdna814 said:

About $1000 USD budget

I didn't add a graphics card into the list because of the shortage that's going on, but added all the other parts I need. I already have an ssd I can use. This will be my first build once I save up enough money to build it and graphics cards stock becomes normal. (hopefully) I'm not really sure about the parts that I've picked so I've come here to get some advice and suggestions on things I should change!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q2yZTJ

I'd say build it around the 5600X and slightly faster memory (3600) since when GPUs come down in price hopefully so will the 5600X and it's more than a bit better than the 3600 but not earth shattering however if you want to keep it as is, that's understandable. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I'd say build it around the 5600X and slightly faster memory (3600) since when GPUs come down in price hopefully so will the 5600X and it's more than a bit better than the 3600 but not earth shattering however if you want to keep it as is, that's understandable. 

Okay, thank you!

17 hours ago, Tech87 said:

The 11400 is cheaper and will perform better than the r5 3600

Can you recommend me some motherboards for the 11400 or 11400f?

16 hours ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

what are you planning on using this for like what games what programs

I'm planning on using this for basic school work and games. I'm not really sure about what games, I never got to play that many. I'm thinking of playing things like CS:GO, other shooters like Warzone, games that my friends play and recommend, and run just about anything pretty comfortably. 

9 hours ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ssxwWX

I changed some stuff added a gpu and still kept you infer budget I think this would be a great setup for the price

i'm sorry but this is very bad.

-Ryzen 3 1200? that is terribly slow by today's standards. get a i3 10100.
-abysmally slow ram, not even 16GB.
-No SSD?
-Bad GPU
-Terrible case
-PSU is probably a bomb.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

On 6/2/2021 at 9:59 AM, Downkey said:

i'm sorry but this is very bad.

-Ryzen 3 1200? that is terribly slow by today's standards. get a i3 10100.
-abysmally slow ram, not even 16GB.
-No SSD?
-Bad GPU
-Terrible case
-PSU is probably a bomb.

do you really need 16 gb though I play on 4

1 minute ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

do you really need 16 gb though I play on 4

Just because you play a certain game on 4GB of RAM doesn't mean that anther game needs that ammount. Some games need 8, some need 12.

With 16GB only being $25(ish) more than 8GB, I see no reason to get 8.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

6 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Just because you play a certain game on 4GB of RAM doesn't mean that anther game needs that ammount. Some games need 8, some need 12.

With 16GB only being $25(ish) more than 8GB, I see no reason to get 8.

Agreed, 4 gigs of ram will instantly be eaten by windows alone 8 is even small to this day, go for 16.

I'd go for a decent APU and skip the GPU. Either that or go for an old GPU like a GTX 980. That was my first Graphics card and it worked really well for anything I needed. Those should cost around $90, but I see those at $150 right now. Remember your storage. That might eat into your budget a bit. Also consider your periferals.

Yeah, skip the GPU for a half year. Prices will calm down soon, and unless you have a GPU already lined up or quite a budget, you might consider integrated graphics. Spend that extra money on peripherals bc you don't want to be like me and spend a ton of money building a computer and have a mediocre moniter