Headset recommendation

Cris.py

Hello,

I'm looking for replacement for my old HyperX revolver and was looking at Corsair Virtuoso or similar. However, it seems every headset I check has a lot of negative reviews which scares me. I might just stick with HyperX as I am very happy with them but they have a ton of different stuff nowdays as well so I'm lost.

What I'm looking for:

- Budget of up-to 200 eur (probably ordering from germany)

- Decent sound quality (meetings, music, gaming)

- Decent mic quality (I don't have space for external mic in my office!)

- Comfortable (I plan to wear them like 12h/day)

- Bonus if it has wireless mode but not necessary

Any help would be appreciated

Unless you want like RGB look-at-me gaming whatever. Buy one for the commercial market.

I use a jabra evolve2 65, absolutely NOT for gamers but for meetings and calls all day long. And it's great!

I honestly would never go back to gamer headsets.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

54 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I wouldn't go back to BT headsets even for calls due to the low quality "call mode" audio anytime the microphone is used... Using a gamer headset even for calls just because of the clear sound.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I wouldn't go back to BT headsets even for calls due to the low quality "call mode" audio anytime the microphone is used... Using a gamer headset even for calls just because of the clear sound.

You don't HAVE to go wireless. That's up to personal preference.

And yes BT call quality, not that good. Even with BT 5.0 these days being a MASSIVE improvement compared to 4.0, it's still ass.

But you can get one that does both. The one I have can be used with a normal USB cable which turns it into a normal wired headset. Great for calls + music. But if I only want to listen to music and walk around the house, switch to BT and off you go. I have to say if you only listen to music, BT 5.0 and a good headset is really not that bad.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Unless you want like RGB look-at-me gaming whatever. Buy one for the commercial market.

I use a jabra evolve2 65, absolutely NOT for gamers but for meetings and calls all day long. And it's great!

I don't need any fancy RGB or anything, but I'd stay away from any super wierd designs for video calls (don't wanna look like an alien at work lol)

Anyway, checked Jabra, they look super uncomfortable tbh and again, I need them for games and music too.

22 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

But you can get one that does both. The one I have can be used with a normal USB cable which turns it into a normal wired headset.

I don't need wireless, it's a "nice to have" but still, what do you use? haven't seen any actual recommendations 

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

You don't HAVE to go wireless. That's up to personal preference.

Yeah in my case it was mandatory, I'm working from home, have 4-hour long calls 3 times a week and I want to be able to move around in my flat during the call. I'm also mixing in some music with the comms so BT wasn't an option becasue of the crap audio in headset mode. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Cris.py said:

it seems every headset I check has a lot of negative reviews which scares me.

Because most of them deserve it due to gaming headsets usually and most often than not suck. MH752's or MH751's. Best headset for the price.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Currently using steelseries arctis Pro there wired but really good got them on offer for £160 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B81D162/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_ESCCM6NW3VP56QHAC1WShttps://

Ear part broke on them after just over a year and steelseries sent out a new set next day. 

Used to use a set of astro a50s witch are wireless but found recharging them was a bit of pain sound quality was excellent tho so swapped them for a set of a30s for my ps4 with a mate

Edited by pokemark17
Wrong link

Ryzen 3700x, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram 2x16gb Corsiar Vengance LPX ddr4 3600,2TB 970Evoplus m.2 nvne, MSI B450-A PRO MAX, Windows 10 64 bit ,AOC 1440p 32 inch 144hrz, AOC 1080p 24 inch 144hrz, Corsair RM850 power supply

54 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Because most of them deserve it due to gaming headsets usually and most often than not suck. MH752's or MH751's. Best headset for the price.

These seem nice indeed but kinda expensive locally (Coolermaster is not well represented). How about HyperX stuff? I know they used to reuse studio headphones back in days which made them great value.

5 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

These seem nice indeed but kinda expensive locally (Coolermaster is not well represented). How about HyperX stuff? I know they used to reuse studio headphones back in days which made them great value.

HyperX cloud 2's are reused studio monitors. They are also great value for money.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)